food interaction for MACPROX
alcohol interaction for MACPROX
pregnancy interaction for MACPROX
lactation interaction for MACPROX
Avoid Macprox 600g tablet with herbs/food with anti-platelet activity such as alfalfa, anise, bilberry, grape seed, green tea, turmeric, fenugreek, garlic, ginger.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MACPROX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MACPROXNo substitutes found
- Dr. Sri Ram GargMBBS
- Dr. Sumeet AgrawalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Rajiva GuptaMBBS, DNB, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Naval MendirattaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Rajkumari Bhagati DarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
Expert advice for MACPROX
- Seek immediate medical attention if you see signs of blood, heart or stomach problems, shortness of breath, slurred speech, chest pain, or weakness in one part or side of the body as oxaprozin may cause increased risk of stroke, serious blood disorders, myocardial infarction (heart attack), gastric bleeding, ulceration, and perforation of the stomach or intestines.
- Do not start oxaprozin if you have had any heart disease, edema (swelling), blood disorders, kidney, stomach, liver problems, diabetes, high cholesterol, asthma, skin allergy or photosensitivity (high sensitivity to sunlight), have poor health, low fluid volume, dehydration.
- Take precautions while taking oxaprozin if you are an elderly.
- Tell your doctor if you undergo surgery including dental while on oxaprozin treatment.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight and wear protective clothes sunglasses and sunscreen when you go in sunlight whole on oxaprozin treatment.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking oxaprozin as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for MACPROX
Q.Is oxaprozin a narcotic, painkiller, opiate or benzodiazepine?
Oxaprozin is not a narcotic, an opiate or a benzodiazepine. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Q.Is oxaprozin like Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone)?
Oxaprozin and Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone) belong to different class of pain killers
Q.Does oxaprozin contains aspirin, acetaminophen or codeine?
Oxaprozin does not contain aspirin, acetaminophen or codeine
Q.Is oxaprozin addictive?
Oxaprozin is not addictive. But it can be misused or excessively abused for pain relief
Q.Is oxaprozin an antiarrhythmic, muscle relaxer, blood thinner?
Oxaprozin is not an antiarrhythmic, muscle relaxer or blood thinner
Q.Can I take oxaprozin with ibuprofen, Vicodin, Aleve, acetaminophen (Tylenol), hydrocodone?
Oxaprozin when taken with ibuprofen, acetaminophen (Tylenol), Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone), naproxen (Aleve) can lead to increased side effects
Q.Does oxaprozin get you high, make you drowsy, sleepy or cause weight gain?
Oxaprozin does not get you high. However, it can cause drowsiness and sleepiness, and weight loss.