Information about Oxyphenbutazone
Oxyphenbutazone is used in the treatment of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, muscle pain and gout.
How oxyphenbutazone works
Oxyphenbutazone is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of oxyphenbutazone
Vomiting, Nausea, Indigestion, Diarrhea, Heartburn, Loss of appetite
Available Medicine for Oxyphenbutazone
- ₹50Albert David Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹3Pan Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Oxyphenbutazone
- Oxyphenbutazone is used to relieve pain, inflammation, and fever.
- Take it with food or milk to prevent upset stomach.
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Long term use may lead to serious complications such as stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart disease or stroke.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Oxyphenbutazone as it can increase your risk of stomach problems.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney function, liver function and levels of blood components if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.