Description of Fever
Fever is defined as a state when the body temperature increases the normal body temperature (99.5 F-100.9 F) most commonly due to an underlying illness or infection in the body. It is usually followed by body ache, fatigue, and tiredness.
Causes and Risk Factors
Common causes are:
1. Bacterial and viral infections
2. Certain medicines
3. Heat exhaustion
5. Autoimmune diseases
Signs and Symptoms
Common symptoms include:
1. Temperature is more than the normal body temperature (above 98.6°F)
2. Low appetite
4. Increased pain sensitivity
5. Decreased ability to concentrate
1. Treatment depends on the cause of your fever. Your doctor may recommend using over-the-counter medicines such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen to lower a very high fever.
2. In case the symptoms persist, you may be recommended to get your medical tests done.
Frequently Asked Questions about Fever
Not Available. Will update soon.