Information about Oxaprozin
Oxaprozin is used in fever, Headache, arthralgia, myalgia, dental pain, post operative pain, Pain during menstruation, Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis and gout.
How oxaprozin works
Oxaprozin is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of oxaprozin
Abdominal pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Epigastric pain, Flatulence, Nausea, Vomiting, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Oxaprozin
- ₹55Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Oxaprozin
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Oxaprozin can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Oxaprozin
Q. Is Oxaprozin a narcotic, painkiller, opiate or benzodiazepine?
Oxaprozin is not a narcotic, an opiate or a benzodiazepine. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Q. Is Oxaprozin like Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone)?
Oxaprozin and Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone) belong to different class of pain killers
Q. Does oxaprozin contains aspirin, acetaminophen or codeine?
Oxaprozin does not contain aspirin, acetaminophen or codeine
Q. Is Oxaprozin addictive?
Oxaprozin is not addictive. But it can be misused or excessively abused for pain relief
Q. Is Oxaprozin an antiarrhythmic, muscle relaxer, blood thinner?
Oxaprozin is not an antiarrhythmic, muscle relaxer or blood thinner
Q. Can I take oxaprozin with ibuprofen, Vicodin, Aleve, acetaminophen (Tylenol), hydrocodone?
Oxaprozin when taken with ibuprofen, acetaminophen (Tylenol), Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone), naproxen (Aleve) can lead to increased side effects
Q. Does Oxaprozin get you high, make you drowsy, sleepy or cause weight gain?
Oxaprozin does not get you high. However, it can cause drowsiness and sleepiness, and weight loss.