Information about Nimesulide
How nimesulide works
Nimesulide is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of nimesulide
Vomiting, Nausea, Increased liver enzymes, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Nimesulide
- ₹74 to ₹92Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹31 to ₹75Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹90Panacea Biotec Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹89USV Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹16 to ₹48Seagull Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹37Sanzyme Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹50Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹64Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹47Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹54Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Nimesulide
- Nimesulide is used to relieve pain, inflammation, and fever.
- Take it with food or milk to prevent upset stomach.
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Long term use may lead to serious complications such as stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart disease or stroke.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Nimesulide as it can increase your risk of stomach problems.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney function, liver function and levels of blood components if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.
Frequently asked questions for Nimesulide
Q. Is Nimesulide an antibiotic?
Nimesulide is not an antibiotic, it belongs to the class of medicines known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs; pain-relieving drug) which helps in relieving pain associated with various disease conditions.
Q. Can I take Nimesulide with paracetamol?
Nimesulide and paracetamol belong to the same class of medicines known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs; pain-relieving drugs). Taking the two medicines together is not advisable as it may increase the potential for gastric ulceration and bleeding. However, please consult your doctor before using the two medicines together.
Q. Does Nimesulide contain aspirin?
Nimesulide is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs; pain-relieving drug). It does not contain aspirin.
Q. Is Nimesulide safe?
Nimesulide is safe to use if taken at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Can I take Nimesulide for headache?
Nimesulide can be taken for a headache only when advised by your doctor.
Q. Does Nimesulide make you drowsy (feeling sleepy)?
Nimesulide does not make you feel drowsy at prescribed doses. However, an overdose of Nimesulide can make you drowsy (feeling sleepy).
Q. Does Nimesulide contain sulphur?
No, Nimesulide does not contain sulphur.
Q. What does Nimesulide treat or used for?
Nimesulide is used to treat acute pain, painful osteoarthritis (degeneration of joints) and primary dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation) in adolescents and adults above 12 years old.
Q. Can I take Nimesulide with ibuprofen?
Nimesulide can be taken with ibuprofen. No drug-drug interactions have been reported between the two. However, taking the two medicines together is not advisable as it may increase the potential for gastric ulceration and bleeding. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.<br>
Q. Can I take Nimesulide with aspirin?
Nimesulide can be taken with aspirin. No drug-drug interactions have been clinically observed between the two. However, this does not mean that interactions cannot occur. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.
Q. Is Nimesulide safe?
Yes, Nimesulide is safe if taken for prescribed duration in prescribed doses as advised by your doctor.
Q. Is Nimesulide banned?
No, Nimesulide is not banned in India.
Q. Is Nimesulide safe during breastfeeding?
It is not known if Nimesulide is secreted in milk. So, any medicines containing Nimesulide are not to be used during breastfeeding.
Q. Is Nimesulide safe in pregnancy?
No, Nimesulide is not safe to be used in pregnancy especially in the last three months. There have been reports of kidney failure in newborn babies if the mother was taking Nimesulide in the late stage of pregnancy. Consult your doctor before taking any medicine during pregnancy.
Q. Is Nimesulide safe in asthma?
Nimesulide is reported to be safe in patients with asthma if taken as advised by your doctor. However, always share your disease history with the doctor in case you have asthma and you are advised to take other medicines.