Medicine Overview of GIBTULIO TABLET
Uses of GIBTULIO TABLET
Gibtulio 10mg tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Side effects of GIBTULIO TABLET
Nausea, Frequent urge to urinate, Increased thirst, Urinary tract infection, Hypoglycaemia (Low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea, Genital fungal infection.
How to use GIBTULIO TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Gibtulio 10mg tablet at a fixed time.
How GIBTULIO TABLET works
Gibtulio 10mg tablet controls the blood sugar levels in your body by removing it through the urine.
In Depth Information on GIBTULIO TABLET
Expert advice for GIBTULIO TABLET
- Can cause very low blood sugar levels when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal. Get blood sugar levels checked at regular intervals and always keep a source of sugar with you for quick relief.
- Empagliflozin can increase acid level in your blood. Inform your doctor or contact an emergency, if you have nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain or breathlessness.
- Can increase risk of lower limb amputations. Inform your doctor if you develop pain, infections or ulcers on your feet or legs.
- Inform your doctor if you have a kidney disease. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Can increase risk of urinary and genital infections. Inform your doctor if you have painful urination, itching and unusual discharge in urinary area.
- Can increase blood cholesterol levels. Regular monitoring is important.
- Empagliflozin has less risk of hypoglycemia compared to other anti-diabetic medicines.
Special precautions for GIBTULIO 10MG TABLET
Taking empagliflozin with alcohol may affect blood glucose levels in patients with diabetes.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Gibtulio 10mg tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Gibtulio 10mg tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
There is no interaction between driving and consuming this drug. So dose alteration is not needed.
Should be used cautiously in patients with an underlying kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
No dose adjustment is needed for patients with the mild to m+more
oderate liver disease.Not advisable in patients with the severe liver disease....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
DECMAX 4MG TABLET, DECAMYCIN 4MG INJECTION, PERICORT 4MG TABLET, DEPO MEDROL 40MG/ML INJECTION
If you miss a dose of Empagliflozin, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
User Submitted Feedback For GIBTULIO 10MG TABLET
Patients taking GIBTULIO 10MG TABLET
Once A Day
Twice A Day
How effective is this medicine?
Do you find this medicine expensive?