Empagliflozin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes
How it works
Empagliflozin increases the loss of sugar through the kidneys.
Common side effects
Nausea, Frequent urge to urinate, Increased thirst, Urinary tract infection, Hypoglycaemia (Low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea, Genital fungal infection
- ₹432 to ₹520Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹432 to ₹520Boehringer Ingelheim2 variant(s)
- Drink plenty of water and stay well hydrated.
- Notify your doctor right away if you have nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, tiredness, or trouble breathing.This could be due to ketoacidosis (increased ketones in your blood or urine).
- Notify your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant.
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Empagliflozin does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.