Empagliflozin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How it works
Empagliflozin increases the loss of sugar through the kidney.
Common side effects
Cloudy urine, Fall in blood sugar level
- Drink plenty of water and stay well hydrated.
- Notify your doctor right away if you have nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, tiredness, or trouble breathing.This could be due to ketoacidosis (increased ketones in your blood or urine).
- Notify your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant.
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Empagliflozin does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.