Fenfluramine is used in obesity
How it works
Fenfluramine lowers the appetite, which in turn decreases the food intake.
Common side effects
Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Dizziness, Dry mouth, Increased heart rate, Nausea, Loss of appetite, Increased blood pressure, Constipation
- ₹28Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- Always take fenfluramine before meals.
- You will be regularly monitored for blood pressure while taking fenfluramine if you have high blood pressure.
- Exercise caution if you have history of mental disorders.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to fenfluramine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering with severe hypertension and irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias).
- Do not take if having problems with drug or alcohol abuse, heart disease, or glaucoma (a condition that causes damage to your eye's optic nerve and gets worse over time).
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is fenfluramine still available?
Fenfluramine is no longer available due to its association with unusual heart valve findings.