Information about Fenfluramine
Fenfluramine is used in obesity.
How Fenfluramine works
Fenfluramine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). It works by lowering the appetite, which in turn decreases the food intake. It gives a feeling of fullness and satiation.
Common side effects of Fenfluramine
Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Dizziness, Dryness in mouth, Increased heart rate, Nausea, Loss of appetite, High blood pressure, Constipation
Available Medicine for Fenfluramine
PonderaxSerdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd
₹28 to ₹902 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fenfluramine
- Always take fenfluramine before meals.
- You will be regularly monitored for blood pressure while taking fenfluramine if you have high blood pressure.
- Exercise caution if you have history of mental disorders.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to fenfluramine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering with severe hypertension and irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias).
- Do not take if having problems with drug or alcohol abuse, heart disease, or glaucoma (a condition that causes damage to your eye's optic nerve and gets worse over time).