Information about Disopyramide
Disopyramide is used in the treatment of Arrhythmia.
How Disopyramide works
Disopyramide is an anti-arrhythmic medication. It works by blocking abnormal electrical signals in the heart to correct irregular heartbeat to a normal rhythm.
Common side effects of Disopyramide
Constipation, Chest pain, Difficulty in urination, Xerostomia
Expert advice for Disopyramide
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or perform activities require mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Do not start any medicine including prescription or over-the-counter medicines without informing your doctor, as they may alter Disopyramide levels in your body.
- Your doctor may get blood tests done to check your sodium and potassium levels, kidney function, and lung function before starting treatment with this medicine.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor blood sugar level while taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you experience slow or fast heart rate, chest pain, shortness of breath.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.