food interaction for ANTI THYROX
alcohol interaction for ANTI THYROX
pregnancy interaction for ANTI THYROX
lactation interaction for ANTI THYROX
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ANTI THYROX
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ANTI THYROX 5 MG TABLET
Patients taking ANTI THYROX 5 MG TABLET
- 57%Twice A Day
- 29%Once A Day
- 14%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ANTI THYROX
- NEO MERCAZOLE 5MG TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Abbott India LtdRs. 1.85/tabletRs. 184.80same price
- THYROCAB 5 MG TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Abbott India LtdRs. 1.85/tabletRs. 184.80same price
- CARBIMAZOLE 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Jan AushadhiRs. 1.14/tabletRs. 11.36save 39% more per tablet
- THYRODIP 5 MG TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Lupin LtdRs. 1.89/tabletRs. 189pay 2% more per tablet
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Dheeraj KapoorMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Harmandeep KaurMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sujeet JhaMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for ANTI THYROX
- Do not take carbimazole, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to carbimazole or any of the other ingredients in formulation or other anti-thyroid medicines such as thiamazole, methimazole or propylthiouracil.
- Avoid taking carbimazole, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not take carbimazole, if you have a severe liver disorder; serious blood disorder; large thyroid swelling in your neck; if you are receiving radio-iodine.
Frequently asked questions for ANTI THYROX
Q.Is carbimazole an immunosuppressant/a steroid/ a beta-blocker?
No. Carbimazole is anti-thyroid drug. It is used in the treatment of hyperthyroidism (over functioning of thyroid gland)
Q.How long can I take carbimazole?
You can take carbimazole at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take carbimazole with paracetamol/ antihistamines/ Nurofen (ibuprofen)/ antibiotics/ Piriton (chlorpheniramine)/ amoxicillin/ propranolol/ vitamins/ co-codamol (paracetamol and codeine)?
No interactions have been reported between carbimazole and paracetamol/ Nurofen (ibuprofen), antihistaminics, Piriton, amoxicillin, vitamins and Co-codamol. Carbimazole can increase the blood levels of antibiotics like erythromycin, and decrease the blood levels of propranolol
Q.Does carbimazole cause weight loss/ diarrhea/ weight gain/ fatigue/ hair loss/ itching/ dry mouth/ interference in periods?
Yes, carbimazole can cause diarrhea, fatigue, hair loss, itching and dry mouth. However side effects like weight gain, weight loss and interference in periods are not proved to be caused by carbimazole
Q.Is carbimazole teratogenic?
Yes, carbimazole is teratogenic and it can cause skin defects, hypothyroidism and gut abnormalities in fetus
Q.Is carbimazole safe?
Carbimazole is safe when taken at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.