Information about Theophylline
How Theophylline works
Theophylline is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles of the airways and widens airways. This makes breathing easier.
Common side effects of Theophylline
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Restlessness, Upset stomach
Available Medicine for Theophylline
Unicontin-EModi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹197 to ₹2572 variant(s)
UnirespAlgen Healthcare Limited
₹37 to ₹582 variant(s)
Theoresp PlusLife Medicare & Biotech Pvt Ltd
₹55 to ₹632 variant(s)
₹10 to ₹162 variant(s)
OD PhyllinSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹7 to ₹102 variant(s)
TheofilIntra Labs India Pvt Ltd
TheostanSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹27 to ₹402 variant(s)
Theo PAGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹5 to ₹72 variant(s)
Expert advice for Theophylline
- You have been prescribed Theophylline for prevention and treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- It should be taken at the same time each day, preferably in the evening after food.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Always keep a fast-acting (rescue) inhaler with you.
- Your doctor may take regular blood test to monitor potassium level and the level of this medicine in your body.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney, liver or heart disease, or if you have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.