Information about Warfarin
How Warfarin works
Warfarin is an anticoagulant. It works by preventing the formation of harmful blood clots. Although it does not dissolve the existing blood clots, it prevents them from growing larger and causing blockages in the blood vessels.
Common side effects of Warfarin
Available Medicine for Warfarin
₹24 to ₹10410 variant(s)
UniwarfinTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹23 to ₹253 variant(s)
CofarinEast West Pharma
₹17 to ₹324 variant(s)
SofarinSamarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
MywarfParnasa Mediworld Pvt Ltd
₹33 to ₹433 variant(s)
WAFJohnlee Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Warfarin
- Warfarin increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, using sharp objects or engaging in contact sports (e.g. football, wrestling).
- Notify your doctor if you see blood in your vomit, urine or stool (black, tarry stools or bright red blood).
- Avoid making sudden major changes to your diet during treatment with this medicine.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Warfarin as this may increase its side effects.
- If you are going to have a surgery or dental treatment, you may be asked to stop taking Warfarin temporarily.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor as this may increase your chances of having another heart attack or stroke.