SALT INFORMATIONDoxepine(75 mg)
Doxepin is used for the treatment of depression. Also topically it is used for treatment of eczema (scaly, dry, itchy skin condition).
How it works
Doxepin belongs to a category of drugs called tricyclic antidepressants. It acts by preventing the deactivation of noradrenaline in the brain, which causes elevation of mood and decreases depressive symptoms.
Common side effects
Frequent urge to urinate, Altered libido, Constipation, Fatigue, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Weakness, Difficulty in urination, Hair loss, Altered heart rate, Insomnia, Reduced blood platelets, Suicidal thoughts, Dry mouth, Nausea, Nightmare
- DOXIN 75MG CAPSULE(10 capsule in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.70/capsuleRs. 87save 25% more per capsule
- Do not take the medicine, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine or to other tricyclic antidepressant drugs.
- Do not take doxepin, if you have serious liver problems, difficulty in urination or glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye causing visual problems).
- Do not take doxepin, if you suffer from mood disorders or mania; fits (epilepsy); or experience suicidal tendencies.
- Avoid using doxepin, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery while taking this drug as it may cause drowsiness.
- Avoid alcohol intake while taking this drug as it may increase the effects of alcohol.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is doxepin a tricyclic antidepressant, SSRI/ MAO inhibitor?
Doxepin is a tricyclic antidepressant. It is not a SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) or a MAOi (monoamine oxidase inhibitor).
Q. Is doxepin a habit-forming/addictive or narcotic drug?
No. Doxepin is not a habit-forming/addictive or narcotic drug. It might however cause certain withdrawal effects when the treatment is stopped abruptly. Hence, it is advisable to consult your doctor before stopping the treatment.
Q. Is doxepin a sedative or sleeping pill?
No. Doxepin is not a sedative or sleeping pill. However it might cause sleepiness as a side-effect.
Q. Is doxepin safe?
Yes. Doxepin is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor.
Q. Can I take doxepin with hydroxyzine, Ambien, Zoloft, Percocet, Wellbutrin, NyQuil, Atarax, Lunesta, and Prozac?
Doxepin should not be taken with Zoloft (sertraline), Prozac (Fluoxetine), Wellbutrin (bupropion), Lunesta (eszopiclone), NyQuil (cold and flu medication), Percocet (oxycodone, acetaminophen), Prozac (fluoxetine), Atarax (hydroxyzine) and Ambien (zolpidem).
Q. Does doxepin cause weight gain, sleepiness or hair loss?
Doxepin may cause weight gain, sleepiness or hair loss. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.
Q. Does doxepin help with pain or anxiety?
Doxepin may be effective in the treatment of chronic neuropathic pain and anxiety.