Information about Tramadol
Tramadol is used for pain.
How tramadol works
Tramadol decreases the perception of pain by blocking the transmission of pain signals to the brain.
Common side effects of tramadol
Dizziness, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Nausea, Dry mouth, Constipation.
Available Medicine for Tramadol
- ₹13 to ₹164Zydus Cadila4 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹192Abbott India Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹145Unichem Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹134 to ₹196Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹23Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹80Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹24Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹27Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹94Neon Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹59Bennet Pharmaceuticals Limited3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tramadol
Consult your doctor:
- If you have a history of unconsciousness, head injury, fits (epilepsy or other seizure) disorder, If you have respiratory problem, If you have a metabolic disorder, If you have or had liver, kidney or stomach disease, If you have a history of drug abuse, alcohol addiction, mental illness, or suicide attempt, If you are having surgery, including dental surgery.
- Do not consume grapefruit juice before or after taking tramadol.
- Do not take this drug if you are consuming antidepressants (monoamine oxidase inhibitors). or have been taking them within the previous two weeks.
- Do not take this drug if you have history of alcohol or substance abuse.
- Consult your doctor if you have a history of a recent stomach or bowel surgery, or any other stomach or bowel problems (eg, pain, inflammation, ulcers.
- Do not take this drug if you have had severe allergic reaction to codeine or other opioid ( example morphine).
- Tramadol can cause drowsiness and blurred vision and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Frequently asked questions for Tramadol
Q. Is tramadol narcotic / NSAID/ opioid?
Tramadol belongs to a class of medications called opiate (narcotic) which is used to treat moderate to severe pain
Q. Is tramadol banned in India?
Tramadol is available in India as prescription drug
Q. Are tramadol/ tramazac/ tramazac co 37.5/ tramacep safe?
Tramadol/ tramazac/ tramazac co 37.5/ tramacep are relatively safe drug if used in prescribed dose for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does tramadol contain morphine/ codeine/ hydrocodone/ aspirin/ Tylenol?
Tramadol does not contain morphine/ codeine/ hydrocodone/ aspirin/ Tylenol. It belongs to a class of medications called opiate (narcotic) which is used to treat moderate to severe pain
Q. Is tramadol addictive?
Yes, it may cause physical and physiological addiction. Always consult your doctor before taking this medication.