Information about Thioridazine
Thioridazine is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
How Thioridazine works
Thioridazine is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
Common side effects of Thioridazine
Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Sleepiness, Dryness in mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Weight gain, Increased prolactin level in blood, Urinary retention, Constipation, Muscle stiffness, Tremors
Available Medicine for Thioridazine
ThiorilTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹24 to ₹914 variant(s)
RidazinSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹29 to ₹1264 variant(s)
₹20 to ₹894 variant(s)
₹10 to ₹574 variant(s)
ThiorusTaurus Laboratories Pvt Ltd
OridaOxford Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹28 to ₹1753 variant(s)
ZenerilReliance Formulation Pvt Ltd
₹15 to ₹843 variant(s)
ShirilShine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹13 to ₹232 variant(s)
R ZinBiomax Laboratories
MellerilNovartis India Ltd
₹55 to ₹722 variant(s)
Expert advice for Thioridazine
- Thioridazine should be taken with food, preferably at the same time every day.
- It may increase your weight, blood sugar and cholesterol. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and monitor your blood levels regularly.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Thioridazine can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Get regular eye examinations while taking this medicine, as it can sometimes cause eye problems.
- Get regular blood tests to monitor the levels of electrolytes (salts such as potassium and magnesium) in your blood as suggested by your doctor.
- Regularly get your heart function monitored as suggested by your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you experience any abnormal movements, particularly of the face, lips, jaw and tongue, while taking this medicine.