Information about Moclobemide
Moclobemide is used in the treatment of depression.
How moclobemide works
Moclobemide increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects of moclobemide
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Dizziness, Dryness in mouth, Constipation, Restlessness, Diarrhoea, Agitation
Available Medicine for Moclobemide
- ₹69 to ₹128Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹78Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹18Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Moclobemide
- Before taking Moclobemide, inform your doctor if you have overactive thyroid, liver disease or if you suffer from bipolar disorder (manic depression) or if you have ever thought about, or tried to harm or kill yourself.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you feel that you are developing suicidal thoughts or actions or any unusual change in mood or behavior.
- Do not stop taking Moclobemide even if you feel well, as doing so may worsen your symptoms.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while on Moclobemide therapy as it may cause dizziness.Tell your doctor immediately if you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or if you are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Moclobemide
Q. Is Moclobemide addictive?
Moclobemide is non addictive
Q. Is Moclobemide a sedative?
Moclobemide has no sedative properties
Q. Which neurotransmitter does Moclobemide target?
Moclobemide targets norepinephrine, serotonin and, to a lesser extent, dopamine neurotransmitter
Q. Does Moclobemide cause weight gain/ anxiety/ acne?
Moclobemide may cause these side effects. Call your doctor if you experience any unusual problems during your treatment.