Information about Moclobemide
Moclobemide is used in the treatment of depression.
How Moclobemide works
Moclobemide increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects of Moclobemide
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Dizziness, Dryness in mouth, Constipation, Restlessness, Diarrhea, Agitation
Expert advice for Moclobemide
- Moclobemide should be taken with food, preferably at the same time every day.
- Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how Moclobemide affects you.
- As a precaution, foods high in tyramine (e.g., aged cheeses, air-dried meats, soy sauce, tap/draft beers and red wines) should be avoided when taking Moclobemide, as it may cause an unsafe rise in your blood pressure.
- Inform your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.