Medicine Overview of Pegasta Prefilled Syringe
Uses of Pegasta Prefilled Syringe
Pegasta 6mg Prefilled Syringe is used to prevent infections after chemotherapy.
Side effects of Pegasta Prefilled Syringe
Bone pain, Joint pain, Headache, Nausea, Reduced blood platelets, Muscle pain, Back pain, Pain in extremity, Injection site pain.
How to use Pegasta Prefilled Syringe
Your doctor or nurse will use this device to give medicine. You or your care giver may be taught on how to use this device at home.
How Pegasta Prefilled Syringe works
Pegasta 6mg prefilled syringe is a growth factor that stimulates the bone marrow to produce white blood cells. These cells protect the body against infections. .
In Depth Information on Pegasta Prefilled Syringe
Expert advice for Pegasta Prefilled Syringe
- Avoid traveling, driving or operating machinery for about 30 hours following application of the on-body injector (a small device stuck to your body to assist administration of pegfilgrastim).
- You should be frequently examined for complete blood count (including differential white cell and platelet count) and spleen size during treatment.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience pain in the left upper abdomen or shoulder after receiving pegfilgrastim, this may indicate development of a serious side effect associated with spleen (spleen rupture).
- Discontinue pegfilgrastim if you develop fever, any signs or symptoms of infection, rash, flushing, dizziness or shortness of breath and severe lung injury along with migration of neutrophils into the lungs (acute respiratory distress).
- Tell your doctor if you have sickle cell anemia, if you are allergic to latex or had severe skin reactions to acrylic adhesives before receiving pegfilgrastim.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Pegasta 6mg Prefilled Syringe
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Pegasta 6mg Prefilled Syringe may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Pegasta 6mg Prefilled Syringe is probably safe to use during+more
lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Pegasta 6mg Prefilled Syringe does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Pegasta 6mg Prefilled Syringe is safe to use in patients wit+more
h kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Pegasta 6mg Prefilled Syringe is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Pegfilgrastim, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Pegasta 6mg Prefilled Syringe
Frequently asked questions for Pegfilgrastim
Q. Is pegfilgrastim a chemo drug/ What is pegfilgrastim injection/ How is pegfilgrastim given?
Pegfilgrastim belongs to a class of medications called colony stimulating factors. It helps reduce the chances of infections and side effects related to chemotherapy and does not directly treat cancer. Pegfilgrastim comes as a solution (liquid) to inject subcutaneously (under the skin), 24 hours after chemotherapy. It may be injected by a doctor/nurse in a hospital or you may be shown how to use injections at home
Q. How does pegfilgrastim work?
Pegfilgrastim belongs to a class of medications called colony stimulating factors. It acts on hematopoietic cells (cells in the bone marrow that produce red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets) to increase production of neutrophils (a type of white blood cell) in the body.
User Submitted Feedback For Pegasta 6mg Prefilled Syringe
Patients taking Pegasta 6mg Prefilled Syringe
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Substitutes for Pegasta Prefilled Syringe
Peggrafeel 6mg Injection
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹10790.0/ml of Injection
Pegg Trust 6mg Injection
Panacea Biotec Ltd
₹8125.0/ml of Injection
Lupifil P 6mg Prefilled Syringe
₹8504.76/ml of Prefilled Syringe
Pegex 6mg Injection
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹8809.52/ml of Injection
Fillif Peg 6mg Prefilled Syringe
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd