food interaction for JIGEST
alcohol interaction for JIGEST
pregnancy interaction for JIGEST
lactation interaction for JIGEST
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for JIGEST
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for JIGEST
- DUPHASTON 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 46.90/tabletRs. 469pay 107% more per tablet
Expert advice for JIGEST
- If you have abnormal bleeding, the cause of which is not known.
- If you have depression.
- If you have liver problems.
- If you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs).
- Continues for more than few months.
- Starts after you have been on treatment for some time.
- Persists on even after you have stopped treatment.
Frequently asked questions for JIGEST
Q.Is dydrogesterone same as progesterone?
No. Dydrogesterone is an artificially synthesized drug which is very similar to the naturally produced female hormone progesterone. Its action in the body is closely related to progesterone
Q.Is dydrogesterone safe?
Yes. Dydrogesterone is safe if used at the prescribed does for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is dydrogesterone a steroid?
Yes. Dydrogesterone has steroidal chemical structure which is very similar to the naturally produced steroidal female hormone progesterone
Q.Dydrogesterone is used for?
Dydrogesterone is used to treat conditions associated with low levels of female hormone progesterone. It may also be used in combination with estrogen drugs as a hormone replacement therapy in females at menopause (the time in a woman's life when her menstrual periods stop)
Q.Does dydrogesterone delay periods?
Yes. Delayed, irregular, painful and heavy menstrual periods are among the common side effects of dydrogesterone
Q.How does dydrogesterone work?
Dydrogesterone works by replacing female hormone progesterone in conditions where the body fails to produce sufficient amounts.