Information about Mycophenolate Mofetil
Mycophenolate mofetil uses
Mycophenolate Mofetil is used in organ transplantation.
How mycophenolate mofetil works
Mycophenolate mofetil suppresses the activity of body's immune system and prevents rejection of the transplanted organ.
Common side effects of mycophenolate mofetil
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Headache, Increased blood pressure, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils)
Available Medicine for Mycophenolate Mofetil
- ₹600 to ₹610Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹387 to ₹1360Panacea Biotec Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹460 to ₹1237Panacea Biotec Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹439 to ₹770Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹942Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹380 to ₹1000Biocon3 variant(s)
- ₹380 to ₹878Biocon2 variant(s)
- ₹680La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹949Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹1065Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Mycophenolate Mofetil
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Avoid using mycophenolate mofetil if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Take special precautions while taking mycophenolate mofetil if you have signs of infection (fever or sore throat), bleeding or bruising problems, or problems with the digestive system (ulcers).
- Use an effective method of contraception before, during, and 6 weeks after taking this drug.
- Exercise caution when stepping out in the sun while taking the medicine. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen lotion to protect yourself from skin cancer.
Frequently asked questions for Mycophenolate Mofetil
Q. Is Mycophenolate Mofetil a steroid drug?
No. Mycophenolate Mofetil is not a steroid drug
Q. Is Mycophenolate Mofetil safe?
Mycophenolate Mofetil is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Is Mycophenolate Mofetil cytotoxic?
Yes. Mycophenolate Mofetil may cause death of immune cells and it also causes certain types of skin cancers. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.