Darunavir is used in the treatment of hiv infection
How it works
Darunavir prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
Common side effects
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Increased cholesterol level in blood, Increased triglyceride level in blood
- ₹10549 to ₹10587Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹10500Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- Darunavir is not a cure for HIV infection and patients can still pass on HIV when taking this medicine.
- Taking darunavir may cause a skin rash; contact your doctor whenever you develop a rash.
- Caution is to be observed in patients taking raltegravir along with darunavir as it enhances the risk of developing rash by many folds.
- Inform your doctor before taking this drug if you are an elderly patient ? 65 years of age, if you had liver disease including hepatitis B or C or have hemophilia or if you are allergic to sulfa drugs.
- Tell your doctor if you have diabetes as darunavir can increase sugar levels in the blood.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you notice any symptoms of infection (for example enlarged lymph nodes and fever), face changes in body fat like redistribution, accumulation or loss.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Does darunavir cause hair loss?
Darunavir doesn’t seem to have the potential for causing hair loss.