Letrozole is used in the treatment of breast cancer
How it works
Letrozole lowers the amount of estrogen (natural female hormone) produced in the body. This can lower or stop the growth of some breast cancer cells that need estrogen to grow.
Common side effects
Hypercholesterolaemia, Hot flushes, Increased sweating, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Fatigue
- ₹144 to ₹1715Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹175Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹86Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1986Novartis India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹378Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹600Shield Health Care Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹208Natco Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹60Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹298Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- Letrozole should not be given to children and adolescents up to 17 years of age.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as you feel dizzy, tired, drowsy or unwell while taking letrozole.
- Do not take letrozole if you are allergic to letrozole or any other ingredient of tablet or intolerance to some sugars (lactose).
- Do not take letrozole if you still have menstrual periods; severe liver or kidney disease; history of or are susceptible to brittle bones (osteoporosis) or bone fracture.
- Avoid using letrozole if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is letrozole a steroid, a hormone, a selective estrogen receptor modulator, or cytotoxic?
Letrozole is not a steroid, hormone, selective estrogen receptor modulator or cytotoxic. Letrozole is an aromatase inhibitor
Q. Is letrozole banned in India?
Letrozole is banned in India for ovarian stimulation (stimulating ovulation)
Q. Is letrozole used for infertility, make you ovulate, increase testosterone and used for post cycle therapy?
Letrozole is not approved for treating infertility or ovulation, but it has been used off-label by doctors to treat infertility in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome, to assist ovulation, or to increase testosterone, and as post cycle therapy. Do not take letrozole without consulting your doctor
Q. Is letrozole better than anastrozole?
Both drugs have shown similar effectiveness and choice of drug depends on many factors. Consult your doctor before taking any drugs
Q. Can I take letrozole with ibuprofen/Advil, vitamins, paracetamol, glucosamine, magnesium, zinc?
Letrozole can be taken with ibuprofen/Advil, vitamins, paracetamol, glucosamine, magnesium, and zinc. Please consult your doctor before use
Q. Does letrozole cause hair loss, headache, insomnia, water retention, high blood pressure, bloating, and acne?
Letrozole may cause hair loss, headache, insomnia, bloating, and high blood pressure. Letrozole does not cause water retention and acne.