Information about Letrozole
Letrozole is used in the treatment of breast cancer.
How letrozole works
Letrozole lowers the amount of estrogen (natural female hormone) produced in the body. This can lower or stop the growth of some breast cancer cells that need estrogen to grow.
Common side effects of letrozole
Hypercholesterolaemia, Hot flushes, Increased sweating, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Fatigue
Available Medicine for Letrozole
- ₹146 to ₹1715Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹187Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹86Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹388Novartis India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹378Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹208Natco Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹60Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹298Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹133Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Letrozole
- Letrozole should not be given to children and adolescents up to 17 years of age.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as you feel dizzy, tired, drowsy or unwell while taking letrozole.
- Do not take letrozole if you are allergic to letrozole or any other ingredient of tablet or intolerance to some sugars (lactose).
- Do not take letrozole if you still have menstrual periods; severe liver or kidney disease; history of or are susceptible to brittle bones (osteoporosis) or bone fracture.
- Avoid using letrozole if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Letrozole
Q. Is Letrozole a steroid, a hormone, a selective estrogen receptor modulator, or cytotoxic?
Letrozole is not a steroid, hormone, selective estrogen receptor modulator or cytotoxic drug. Letrozole is an aromatase inhibitor.
Q. Can I take Letrozole with ibuprofen/Advil, vitamins, paracetamol, glucosamine, magnesium, zinc?
Letrozole can be taken with ibuprofen/Advil, vitamins, paracetamol, glucosamine, magnesium, and zinc. However, please consult your doctor before use.
Q. Does Letrozole cause hair loss, headache, insomnia, water retention, high blood pressure, bloating, and acne?
Letrozole may cause hair loss, headache, insomnia, bloating, and high blood pressure. Letrozole does not cause water retention and acne.