Information about Letrozole
Letrozole is used in the treatment of breast cancer and infertility due to anovulation.
How Letrozole works
Letrozole is an aromatase inhibitor. It works by decreasing the amount of estrogen (natural female hormone) produced in the body. This decrease in estrogen can slow down or stop the growth of some breast cancers that need estrogen to grow. In addition, it is also useful in infertility whereby it increases the release of certain hormones to stimulate the release of eggs from the ovaries.
Common side effects of Letrozole
Hot flashes, Increased sweating, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Fatigue, Hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol)
Available Medicine for Letrozole
LetrozSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹205 to ₹12102 variant(s)
LetovalSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Stimu-LetCorona Remedies Pvt Ltd
₹178 to ₹2042 variant(s)
InduzEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Goodova-LAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
₹179 to ₹3402 variant(s)
NewovaAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
E-Ova LKoye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd
LetrofilFourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd
LetrohopeMankind Pharma Ltd
Clomipure-LAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
Expert advice for Letrozole
- You have been prescribed Letrozole for the treatment of breast cancer or infertility due to anovulation.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how Letrozole affects you.
- It may cause increased sweating and hot flushes. Try to keep cool by wearing light and airy clothes.
- Your doctor may monitor your cholesterol level and bone mineral density (BMD) regularly as Letrozole can alter their levels.
- Do not take Letrozole if you are pregnant or breastfeeding