Information about Perampanel
Perampanel is used to prevent seizures.
How Perampanel works
Perampanel is an antiepileptic medication. It prevents seizures in patients with epilepsy by blocking a receptor in the brain known as the glutamate receptor, thereby suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Perampanel
Dizziness, Sleepiness, Fatigue, Anger, Fall, Nausea, Weight gain, Vertigo, Impaired coordination, Altered walking, Balance disorder (loss of balance)
Available Medicine for Perampanel
FycompaEisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd
₹245 to ₹21525 variant(s)
Expert advice for Perampanel
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Take a healthy diet along with regular exercise.
- Practice yoga every day.
- Get enough sleep at nighttime.
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/ laptop.
- Take your medication on time.
- Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Perampanel affects you.
- It may cause weight gain. Hence, monitor your weight regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.