food interaction for CELCOX
alcohol interaction for CELCOX
pregnancy interaction for CELCOX
lactation interaction for CELCOX
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CELCOX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CELCOX
- ZYCEL 100 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 9.12/capsuleRs. 91.20pay 244% more per capsule
- CELEDOL 100 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 3.56/capsuleRs. 35.60pay 34% more per capsule
- J FLEX 100MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Veritaz Healthcare LtdRs. 5.12/capsuleRs. 51.25pay 93% more per capsule
- REVIBRA 100MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 4.06/capsuleRs. 40.62pay 53% more per capsule
- COBIX 100 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 1.88/capsuleRs. 18.75save 29% more per capsule
- Dr. Ashok KumarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Sri Ram GargMBBS
- Dr. Sumeet AgrawalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Rajiva GuptaMBBS, DNB, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Naval MendirattaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
Expert advice for CELCOX
- Do not take celecoxib, if you are allergic to celecoxib or to any other content in the medicine or to ‘Sulfonamide’ class of antibiotics.
- Do not take celecoxib, if you have ulcers or bleeding in your stomach or intestines; asthma, breathing problems, nasal congestion, nasal polyps or allergic reactions after taking NSAIDs.
- Do not take celecoxib, if you have severe kidney or liver disease, heart conditions, heart attack or stroke; problems with the blood circulation or had a surgery on the arteries in your legs.
- Do not take celecoxib, if you have inflammation of intestines like Ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease.
- Avoid using celecoxib, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
Frequently asked questions for CELCOX
Q.Is celecoxib banned in India?
No. Celecoxib is not banned in India. It is legally available on prescription
Q.Is celecoxib gluten free?
Yes. Celecoxib is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is celecoxib the same as Celebrex?
Yes. Celebrex is one of the brand names of celecoxib available in the market
Q.Is celecoxib safe?
Yes. Celecoxib is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Is celecoxib a narcotic or addictive drug?
No. Celecoxib is not a narcotic or addictive drug
Q.Does celecoxib cause drowsiness, weight gain or constipation?
Celecoxib may cause drowsiness, weight gain or constipation. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.Does celecoxib contain aspirin, codeine or sulfa?
No. Celecoxib is by itself a type of medicinal compound. It does not contain aspirin, codeine or sulfa
Q.How does celecoxib work?
Celecoxib works by inhibiting the formation of chemicals called prostaglandins in the body that cause pain and inflammation, thereby reducing the pain and swelling symptoms.