Information about Celecoxib
How Celecoxib works
Celecoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) called COX-2 inhibitors. It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of Celecoxib
Flu-like symptoms, Indigestion, Stomach pain, Diarrhea, Peripheral edema, Flatulence
Available Medicine for Celecoxib
₹133 to ₹2302 variant(s)
CeledolIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹42 to ₹612 variant(s)
₹57 to ₹1282 variant(s)
RevibraDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹44 to ₹712 variant(s)
CelactSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹41 to ₹853 variant(s)
₹78 to ₹1832 variant(s)
CelibTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹36 to ₹662 variant(s)
J FlexVeritaz Healthcare Ltd
₹50 to ₹512 variant(s)
SionaraAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹41 to ₹712 variant(s)
OrthocelBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹27 to ₹392 variant(s)
Expert advice for Celecoxib
- Celecoxib helps relieve pain and inflammation.
- It may cause fewer stomach problems as compared to other NSAIDs like Ibuprofen or Naproxen.
- It may cause dizziness and fatigue. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Regularly monitor your blood pressure while taking this medicine, particularly in the first two weeks after starting treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of stomach ulcers, heart diseases, high blood pressure, and liver or kidney disease.
- During long-term treatment, your doctor may want to take regular blood tests to monitor your liver function.
- Do not take Celecoxib if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.