Information about Celecoxib
Celecoxib is used in osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, arthralgia, myalgia, pain during menstruation and post operative pain.
How celecoxib works
Celecoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) called COX-2 inhibitors. It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that are responsible pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of celecoxib
Abdominal pain, Palpitations, Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Gastritis, Heartburn, Edema, Dyspepsia, Flatulence, Increased blood pressure, Dizziness, Constipation, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Celecoxib
- ₹35 to ₹174Zydus Cadila5 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹56Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹97Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹33Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹72Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹72Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹38Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹52Veritaz Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹86Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Celecoxib
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Celecoxib may cause fewer stomach problems as compared with other NSAIDs like Ibuprofen or Naproxen.
- It can also affect kidneys or cause permanent kidney damage if taken for a long time.
- Celecoxib can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Celecoxib
Q. Is Celecoxib banned in India?
No. Celecoxib is not banned in India. It is legally available on prescription
Q. Is Celecoxib gluten free?
Yes. Celecoxib is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Is Celecoxib the same as Celebrex?
Yes. Celebrex is one of the brand names of Celecoxib available in the market
Q. Is Celecoxib safe?
Yes. Celecoxib is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Is Celecoxib a narcotic or addictive drug?
No. Celecoxib is not a narcotic or addictive drug
Q. Does Celecoxib cause drowsiness, weight gain or constipation?
Celecoxib may cause drowsiness, weight gain or constipation. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Does celecoxib contain aspirin, codeine or sulfa?
No. Celecoxib is by itself a type of medicinal compound. It does not contain aspirin, codeine or sulfa
Q. How does Celecoxib work?
Celecoxib works by inhibiting the formation of chemicals called prostaglandins in the body that cause pain and inflammation, thereby reducing the pain and swelling symptoms.