- ₹227Gland Pharma Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹187Gland Pharma Limited2 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹33Gland Pharma Limited2 variant(s)
- ₹98 to ₹227Biological E Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹233Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹238Abbott India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹91 to ₹228Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹112 to ₹297Celon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹211Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹211Biocon2 variant(s)
- Do not heparin if you are sensitive to heparin or any other ingredients of the drug.
- Avoid using heparin are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not heparin if you are already taking aspirin or other blood thinner medications.
- Tell your doctor if your injury or illness does not improve, or gets worse after heparin treatment.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Does heparin affect platelets, INR (international normalized ratio), or PTT (partial thromboplastin time)?
Heparin affects INR (used to monitor the effectiveness of the anticoagulant), and PTT (blood test determines the blood clotting time), It may cause reduced blood platelet count
Q. Does heparin come in pill form?
No,it is available as gel, ointment, and an injection form.
Q. Does heparin affect blood pressure or sleep?
Heparin is not reported to affect blood pressure or sleep. Do consult your doctor if you experience such symptoms
Q. Is heparin present in human body?
Yes,it is produced in the body by mast cells
Q. Can I take Advil (ibuprofen), Tylenol (acetaminophen), or aspirin with heparin?
Heparin in injectable form may interact with Advil and aspirin but it is not reported to interact with Tylenol. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Is heparin unfractionated?
There are two forms of heparin used as anti-coagulants; fractionated and low molecular weight heparins. Please see the product leaflet for more information
Q. Is heparin a protein, anticoagulant (blood thinner), thrombolytic agent (clot buster), or antiplatelet (antiaggregant)?
Heparin is not a protein, thrombolytic agent, or antiplatelet drug. It is a member of glycosaminoglycan carbohydrate and used as an anticoagulant
Q. Is heparin made from pork?
Yes,it is made from pork or other animal tissues