food interaction for ZOSTA
alcohol interaction for ZOSTA
pregnancy interaction for ZOSTA
lactation interaction for ZOSTA
Avoid Zosta 5 mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZOSTA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZOSTA
- SIMVOTIN 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 10.60/tabletRs. 106pay 71% more per tablet
- SIM 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.26/tabletRs. 112.62pay 81% more per tablet
- SIMLO 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 5.30/tabletRs. 53save 15% more per tablet
- BIOSIM 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 1.95/tabletRs. 19.47save 69% more per tablet
- SIMVASTOL 5 MG TABLET(25 tablets in strip)Themis Medicare LtdRs. 1/tabletRs. 25save 84% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for ZOSTA
- Restrict eating foods that are high in fat or cholesterol content. Lovastatin will be effective in lowering your cholesterol level if you follow a cholesterol-lowering diet plan.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop signs of: kidney problem; little or no urination, painful or difficult urination, swelling in feet or ankles; feeling tired or short of breath (or) liver problems; nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking simvastatin as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for ZOSTA
Q.Is simvastatin a blood thinner or a beta blocker or steroid or diuretic or is it a statin or does simvastatin thin your blood?
No, simvastatin is a statin (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors
Q.Is simvastatin the same as Lipitor (atorvastatin) or Crestor (rosuvastatin) or pravastatin?
No, although it belongs to same group of medications called statins
Q.Can I take simvastatin with ibuprofen or lisinopril?
No results found for any interaction of simvastatin with ibuprofen or lisinopril, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication
Q.Can I take antibiotics or clarithromycin or amoxicillin or erythromycin or amlodipine or aspirin with simvastatin?
No, do not take antibiotics or clarithromycin or amoxicillin or erythromycin or amlodipine or aspirin with simvastatin, because they interact with each other
Q.Does simvastatin cause hair loss or dry mouth or hair loss or constipation or diabetes or depression or it makes you high?
No. Simvastatin does not cause hair loss or dry mouth or hair loss or constipation or diabetes or depression and it is not addictive
Q.Does simvastatin cause joint pain or makes you tired?
Yes, sometimes simvastatin may cause joint pain or make you tired.