Information about Amiodarone
Amiodarone is used in the treatment of Arrhythmia.
How Amiodarone works
Amiodarone is an anti-arrhythmic medication. It regulates heart beat by blocking abnormal electrical signals in the heart.
Common side effects of Amiodarone
Nausea, Constipation, Slow heart rate, Taste change, Eczema, Decreased level of thyroid hormones, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Amiodarone
CordaroneSanofi India Ltd
₹63 to ₹732 variant(s)
Cordarone XSanofi India Ltd
₹59 to ₹1043 variant(s)
₹63 to ₹1232 variant(s)
DuronSamarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹48 to ₹903 variant(s)
AmiodarMicro Labs Ltd
₹63 to ₹1242 variant(s)
AmiodonNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹55 to ₹1193 variant(s)
RitebeatTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹66 to ₹1173 variant(s)
EurythmicTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹58 to ₹1604 variant(s)
PacenormEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Amiodarone
- Amiodarone may cause blurring of vision. Avoid driving or any activity requiring focus until you know how it affects you.
- It makes your skin sensitive towards sunlight. Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing while going out.
- Your doctor may do regular blood tests, chest X-rays, ECG, eye test, thyroid, liver and lung function tests while you are taking this medicine.
- Notify your doctor if you develop breathlessness, persistent cough, jaundice, restlessness, weight loss/gain or eye problems.
- Notify your doctor about all other medicines that you are taking as Amiodarone can interact with many medicines.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.