Information about Azithromycin
Azithromycin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used in bacterial infections of tonsils, sinus, ear, nose, throat, skin and soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How Azithromycin works
Azithromycin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Thus, it stops the bacteria from growing, and prevents the infection from spreading.
Common side effects of Azithromycin
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Azithromycin
AzithralAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹28 to ₹35621 variant(s)
₹30 to ₹20414 variant(s)
AziwokDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹16 to ₹27511 variant(s)
₹22 to ₹18511 variant(s)
ZadyMankind Pharma Ltd
₹23 to ₹1216 variant(s)
LazHetero Drugs Ltd
₹13 to ₹1269 variant(s)
AzibactIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹27 to ₹1329 variant(s)
ZithrocinBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹17 to ₹1329 variant(s)
AzibestBlue Cross Laboratories Ltd
₹20 to ₹705 variant(s)
AzilideMicro Labs Ltd
₹22 to ₹13211 variant(s)
Expert advice for Azithromycin
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it 1 hour before or two hours after food.
- Do not take antacids 2 hours before or after taking Azithromycin.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Stop taking Azithromycin and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.