Information about Azithromycin
How Azithromycin works
Azithromycin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Thus, it stops the bacteria from growing, and prevents the infection from spreading.
Common side effects of Azithromycin
Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain
Available Medicine for Azithromycin
AzithralAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹25 to ₹35618 variant(s)
₹22 to ₹21412 variant(s)
₹16 to ₹22710 variant(s)
AzibactIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹21 to ₹11810 variant(s)
ZadyMankind Pharma Ltd
₹22 to ₹1117 variant(s)
AzilideMicro Labs Ltd
₹18 to ₹11813 variant(s)
₹37 to ₹1859 variant(s)
ZithroxMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹15 to ₹1189 variant(s)
LazHetero Drugs Ltd
₹13 to ₹1118 variant(s)
ZithrocinBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹17 to ₹1188 variant(s)
Expert advice for Azithromycin
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it 1 hour before or two hours after food.
- Do not take antacids 2 hours before or after taking Azithromycin.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Stop taking Azithromycin and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.