Information about Simvastatin
Simvastatin is used in the treatment of high cholesterol and Prevention of heart attack and stroke.
How Simvastatin works
Simvastatin is a lipid-lowering medication (statin). It works by blocking an enzyme (HMG-CoA-reductase) that is required in the body to make cholesterol. It thus lowers "bad" cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides, raising the level of "good" cholesterol (HDL).
Common side effects of Simvastatin
Constipation, Headache, Upper respiratory tract infection, Abdominal pain
Available Medicine for Simvastatin
SimvotinSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹78 to ₹3004 variant(s)
₹62 to ₹1544 variant(s)
SimloIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹53 to ₹972 variant(s)
FemellaAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
SimvofixBal Pharma Ltd
₹67 to ₹822 variant(s)
SimvasMicro Labs Ltd
₹44 to ₹983 variant(s)
ZOCOR(MSD)MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹172 to ₹2102 variant(s)
AlvastinAllied Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
SimtagIkon Remedies Pvt Ltd
G SimGR Healthcare Laboratories
₹79 to ₹1482 variant(s)
Expert advice for Simvastatin
- It should be taken in the evening after dinner and before sleeping.
- It should be taken in addition to regular exercise and low-fat diet to lower levels of fat in the blood.
- Inform your doctor if you experience fatigue, muscle weakness or muscle pain.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting the treatment and regularly thereafter. Inform your doctor if you notice signs of liver problems such as stomach pains, unusually dark urine or yellowing of skin or eyes.
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney disease, liver disease or diabetes before starting treatment with this medicine. If you are diabetic, monitor your blood sugar level regularly as Simvastatin may cause an increase in your blood sugar level.
- Do not take Simvastatin if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.