Information about Erythromycin
Erythromycin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used in infections of tonsils, sinus, ear, nose, throat, skin and soft tissues.
How Erythromycin works
Erythromycin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Thus, it stops the bacteria from growing, and prevents the infection from spreading.
Common side effects of Erythromycin
Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Erythromycin
AlthrocinAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹17 to ₹1006 variant(s)
₹16 to ₹885 variant(s)
EltocinIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹16 to ₹1417 variant(s)
Althrocin KidAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹16 to ₹565 variant(s)
SyniSyncom Formulations I Limited
Althrocin ForteAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
CynorylDial Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
BestocinBestoChem Formulations India Ltd
Expert advice for Erythromycin
- Your doctor has prescribed Erythromycin to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it 1 hour before or two hours after food.
- Do not take antacids 2 hours before or after taking Erythromycin.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Stop taking Erythromycin and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.