Information about Clarithromycin
Clarithromycin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used in infections of tonsils, sinus, ear, nose, throat, skin and soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How Clarithromycin works
Clarithromycin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Thus, it stops the bacteria from growing, and prevents the infection from spreading.
Common side effects of Clarithromycin
Abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Taste change, Indigestion, Rash
Available Medicine for Clarithromycin
₹144 to ₹5536 variant(s)
ClarinovaMankind Pharma Ltd
₹104 to ₹1963 variant(s)
CloffAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹142 to ₹5435 variant(s)
BioclarBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹145 to ₹4034 variant(s)
CrixanSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹132 to ₹10389 variant(s)
ClarigardMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹136 to ₹2804 variant(s)
₹109 to ₹11257 variant(s)
ClariwinMicro Labs Ltd
₹141 to ₹5514 variant(s)
MaclarGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹144 to ₹3044 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clarithromycin
- Your doctor has prescribed Clarithromycin to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it 1 hour before or two hours after food.
- Do not take antacids 2 hours before or after taking Clarithromycin.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Stop taking Clarithromycin and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.