Information about Clarithromycin
Clarithromycin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used in infections of tonsils, sinus, ear, nose, throat, skin and soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How Clarithromycin works
Clarithromycin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Thus, it stops the bacteria from growing, and prevents the infection from spreading.
Common side effects of Clarithromycin
Abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Rash, Injection site phlebitis, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Abnormal taste, Dyspepsia
Available Medicine for Clarithromycin
₹160 to ₹6136 variant(s)
ClarinovaMankind Pharma Ltd
₹104 to ₹3355 variant(s)
CloffAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹157 to ₹3875 variant(s)
BioclarBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹138 to ₹3974 variant(s)
ClarigardMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹138 to ₹3104 variant(s)
CrixanSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹145 to ₹10389 variant(s)
₹109 to ₹11257 variant(s)
ClariwinMicro Labs Ltd
₹145 to ₹5316 variant(s)
MaclarGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹144 to ₹3394 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clarithromycin
- Your doctor has prescribed Clarithromycin to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it 1 hour before or two hours after food.
- Do not take antacids 2 hours before or after taking Clarithromycin.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Stop taking Clarithromycin and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.