Medicine Overview of URIDIN CAPSULE
Uses of URIDIN CAPSULE
Uridin 2mg capsule is used in the treatment of overactive urinary bladder.
Side effects of URIDIN CAPSULE
Dry mouth, Constipation, Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Blurred vision, Dry skin.
How to use URIDIN CAPSULE
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Uridin 2mg capsule at a fixed time.
How URIDIN CAPSULE works
Uridin 2mg capsule works by relaxing muscles of the urinary bladder and prevents frequent, urgent or uncontrolled urination.
In Depth Information on URIDIN CAPSULE
Expert advice for URIDIN CAPSULE
- Do not take this drug, If you are allergic to tolterodine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Do not take tolterodine if you are unable to pass urine from the bladder (urinaryretention); glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that can cause visual problems); myasthenia gravis (weakness of muscles); severe inflammation of all or any part of gut (ulcerative colitis); suffer from sudden and severe dilatation of the colon (toxic megacolon).
- Do not start or continue tolterodine if you have difficulties in passing urine due to obstruction in any part of the urinary tract; if you have obstruction in any part of the gut (e.g. pyloric stenosis); decreased bowel movements or suffer from severe constipation; or hernia.
- Avoid taking tolterodine if you suffer from neurological disorders that affect your blood pressure, bowel or sexual function.
- Tolterodine can cause dizziness,tiredness, affect sight and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Special precautions for URIDIN 2MG CAPSULE
Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking tolterodine.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Uridin 2mg capsule may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Do not drive,operate machinery.
Caution should be exercised with impaired renal function.
There is no interaction between liver impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
ONABET POWDER, FLUGEE 150MG TABLET, VOSICAZ 200MG TABLET, VORIZOL 200MG TABLET
If you miss a dose of Tolterodine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for URIDIN 2MG CAPSULE
Frequently asked questions for Tolterodine
Q. Is tolterodine a diuretic?
No, Tolterodine belongs to a class of medication called as anticholinergics
Q. Is tolterodine same as Detrol?
Yes, tolterodine is the generic name and Detrol is the brand name
Q. Is tolterodine a generic drug?
Yes, tolterodine is the generic dru
Q. Is tolterodine a prodrug?
No, it is not a prodrug
Q. What is tolterodine l-tartrate?
Tolterodine belongs to a class of medication called as anticholinergics
Q. What is it used for?
It acts by blocking the activity of chemical (acetylcholine) on muscles of urinary bladder, preventing their contraction
Q. Does tolterodine cause weight gain?
No clinically observable effect on weight has been reported with the use of tolterodine.