Information about Sildenafil
Sildenafil is used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
How Sildenafil works
Sildenafil is a phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitor. It works by relaxing the blood vessels in your penis, thereby increasing blood flow into the penis on sexual stimulation. This helps you achieve and maintain a hard, erect penis suitable for sexual activity.
Common side effects of Sildenafil
Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Stiffness, Nosebleeds, Blurred vision, Indigestion, Muscle pain
Available Medicine for Sildenafil
₹139 to ₹3004 variant(s)
₹525 to ₹10552 variant(s)
CavertaSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹140 to ₹3373 variant(s)
₹200 to ₹18003 variant(s)
AlivherAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
Penegra XpressZydus Cadila
₹160 to ₹1762 variant(s)
SilnafilEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
InstariseMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹120 to ₹2322 variant(s)
JuanCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹72 to ₹2433 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sildenafil
- You have been prescribed Sildenafil for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- It is best to take it an hour before sexual intercourse. But, you can take it anytime between 30 minutes and 4 hours before sexual activity.
- Do not take it more than once a day.
- Seek medical attention if the erection persists for more than 4 hours after sexual intercourse.
- Do not use Sildenafil if you have recently taken nitrates (medicines used in angina or chest pain).
- Do not take it if you have had a heart attack in the past 3 months, or stroke or heart failure in the past 6 months.