Sparfloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections
How it works
Sparfloxacin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting the DNA replication.
Common side effects
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
- ₹55 to ₹114Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹59Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹82 to ₹87Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹49Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹58FDC Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹62 to ₹82Admac Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹49Que Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹36Leben Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹176Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹44Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- Inform your doctor before taking this drug if you have heart or kidney problems, diseases such as cancer or schizophrenia, seizures or sensitivity to sunlight (UV rays).
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant, planning for pregnancy, or breast feeding.
- Sparfloxacin is not recommended for children below 18 years of age.
- Minimize exposure to sunlight, wear protective clothing or apply sunscreen when outdoors to prevent phototoxicity (sunlight induced skin rashes) while taking this drug.
- Inform your doctor before taking the drug if you are taking other medicines such as tricyclic antidepressants, anti-arrythmic agents, phenothiazines or cisapride.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is sparfloxacin used for?
Sparfloxacin is used for the treatment of various infections such as ENT infections, pneumonia, or tuberculosis.