Information about Sparfloxacin
Sparfloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin & soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How sparfloxacin works
Sparfloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Common side effects of sparfloxacin
Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Dyspepsia, Dizziness, Stomach pain, Bitter taste
Available Medicine for Sparfloxacin
- ₹55 to ₹136Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹59Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹82 to ₹90Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹62 to ₹82Admac Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹55Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹58Que Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹36Leben Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹95Rhombus Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹176Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45Mapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sparfloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Sparfloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Sparfloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Sparfloxacin
Q. Can the use of Sparfloxacin cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use of Sparfloxacin can cause diarrhea. It is an antibiotic which kills the harmful bacteria. However, it also affects the helpful bacteria in your stomach or intestine and causes diarrhea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhea, talk to your doctor about it.
Q. Can I stop taking Sparfloxacin when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Sparfloxacin and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Q. Can the use of Sparfloxacin increase the risk of muscle damage?
Yes, use of Sparfloxacin is known to increase the risk of muscle damage, commonly in the ankle (achilies tendon). Muscle damage can happen in people of all ages who take Sparfloxacin. Inform your doctor if you feel any kind of muscle pain while using this medicine.