Information about Sparfloxacin
Sparfloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin and soft tissues, windpipe and lungs (pneumonia).
How sparfloxacin works
Sparfloxacin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from reproducing and repairing themselves. This treats your infection.
Common side effects of sparfloxacin
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Sparfloxacin
- ₹55 to ₹124Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹59Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹82Admac Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹82 to ₹90Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹55Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹58FDC Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹58Que Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹36Leben Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹44Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹176Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sparfloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Sparfloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Sparfloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Sparfloxacin
Q. What is Sparfloxacin used for?
Sparfloxacin is used for the treatment of various infections such as ENT infections, pneumonia, or tuberculosis.