Information about Sparfloxacin
Sparfloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin & soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How Sparfloxacin works
Sparfloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Common side effects of Sparfloxacin
Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Indigestion, Dizziness, Stomach pain, Bitter taste
Available Medicine for Sparfloxacin
SparquinAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹55 to ₹1352 variant(s)
SparkindMankind Pharma Ltd
SpartaAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹82 to ₹892 variant(s)
AsparAdmac Pharma Ltd
₹62 to ₹812 variant(s)
EfosparReliance Formulation Pvt Ltd
SparwarLeben Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹17 to ₹362 variant(s)
Q SparQue Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹46 to ₹582 variant(s)
NobactAlpic Remedies Ltd
₹95 to ₹1102 variant(s)
EspalcinElegant Drugs Pvt Ltd
₹73 to ₹1332 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sparfloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Sparfloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Sparfloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.