Information about Tolterodine
Tolterodine is used in the treatment of Overactive bladder (OAB) symptoms. OAB is a collection of urinary symptoms, including frequent urination, urgent need to urinate, and inability to control urination.
How tolterodine works
Tolterodine is an antimuscarinic. It works by relaxing muscles of the urinary bladder and prevents frequent, urgent or uncontrolled urination.
Common side effects of tolterodine
Dryness in mouth, Constipation, Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Blurred vision, Dry skin
Available Medicine for Tolterodine
- ₹92 to ₹240Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹133Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹159 to ₹687Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹615 to ₹678Pfizer Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹115 to ₹185Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹91 to ₹159La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹102 to ₹189Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹165Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹117 to ₹208Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹87 to ₹155Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tolterodine
- Reduces abnormal contractions of bladder.
- Can take up to 4 weeks before you see an improvement in your symptoms.
- Helpful in men with urinary symptoms caused by enlarged prostate.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol or carbonated drinks as they can worsen your symptoms.
- Side effects are mild and usually include dry mouth and eyes, constipation, difficulty urinating, blurred vision and sleepiness.
Frequently asked questions for Tolterodine
Q. Is tolterodine a diuretic?
No, Tolterodine belongs to a class of medication called as anticholinergics
Q. Is Tolterodine same as Detrol?
Yes, Tolterodine is the generic name and Detrol is the brand name
Q. Is Tolterodine a generic drug?
Yes, Tolterodine is the generic dru
Q. Is Tolterodine a prodrug?
No, it is not a prodrug
Q. What is Tolterodine l-tartrate?
Tolterodine belongs to a class of medication called as anticholinergics
Q. What is it used for?
It acts by blocking the activity of chemical (acetylcholine) on muscles of urinary bladder, preventing their contraction
Q. Does Tolterodine cause weight gain?
No clinically observable effect on weight has been reported with the use of Tolterodine.