Information about Tolterodine
Tolterodine is used in the treatment of Overactive bladder (OAB) symptoms. OAB is a collection of urinary symptoms, including frequent urination, urgent need to urinate, and inability to control urination.
How Tolterodine works
Tolterodine is an antimuscarinic. It works by relaxing muscles of the urinary bladder and prevents frequent, urgent or uncontrolled urination.
Common side effects of Tolterodine
Dryness in mouth, Constipation, Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Blurred vision, Dry skin
Available Medicine for Tolterodine
RolitenSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹104 to ₹2824 variant(s)
₹55 to ₹3124 variant(s)
TorqDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹420 to ₹8312 variant(s)
₹615 to ₹6772 variant(s)
ToluIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹127 to ₹2232 variant(s)
₹45 to ₹2073 variant(s)
UrotelSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹102 to ₹2002 variant(s)
TolcontinModi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹95 to ₹1652 variant(s)
TolgressLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹91 to ₹1592 variant(s)
FlochekAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹87 to ₹1542 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tolterodine
- Tolterodine treats symptoms of an overactive bladder by lowering the urge to urinate and controlling urination.
- It can take up to 4 weeks before you see any improvement in your symptoms. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and carbonated drinks as they can worsen your symptoms.
- It may cause dizziness and blurring of vision. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Dry mouth, dry eyes, and constipation may occur as a side effect. Maintain good oral hygiene, drink water frequently, chew sugarless gum, and wear contact lenses with caution.