Information about Tolterodine
Tolterodine is used in the treatment of overactive urinary bladder.
How tolterodine works
Tolterodine works by relaxing muscles of the urinary bladder and prevents frequent, urgent or uncontrolled urination.
Common side effects of tolterodine
Dry mouth, Constipation, Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Blurred vision, Dry skin
Available Medicine for Tolterodine
- ₹89 to ₹240Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹133 to ₹235Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹615 to ₹678Pfizer Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹102 to ₹189Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹105 to ₹185Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹117 to ₹208Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹159La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹81 to ₹150Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹319 to ₹687Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹87 to ₹155Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tolterodine
- Do not take this drug, If you are allergic to tolterodine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Do not take tolterodine if you are unable to pass urine from the bladder (urinaryretention); glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that can cause visual problems); myasthenia gravis (weakness of muscles); severe inflammation of all or any part of gut (ulcerative colitis); suffer from sudden and severe dilatation of the colon (toxic megacolon).
- Do not start or continue tolterodine if you have difficulties in passing urine due to obstruction in any part of the urinary tract; if you have obstruction in any part of the gut (e.g. pyloric stenosis); decreased bowel movements or suffer from severe constipation; or hernia.
- Avoid taking tolterodine if you suffer from neurological disorders that affect your blood pressure, bowel or sexual function.
- Tolterodine can cause dizziness,tiredness, affect sight and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Frequently asked questions for Tolterodine
Q. Is tolterodine a diuretic?
No, Tolterodine belongs to a class of medication called as anticholinergics
Q. Is Tolterodine same as Detrol?
Yes, Tolterodine is the generic name and Detrol is the brand name
Q. Is Tolterodine a generic drug?
Yes, Tolterodine is the generic dru
Q. Is Tolterodine a prodrug?
No, it is not a prodrug
Q. What is Tolterodine l-tartrate?
Tolterodine belongs to a class of medication called as anticholinergics
Q. What is it used for?
It acts by blocking the activity of chemical (acetylcholine) on muscles of urinary bladder, preventing their contraction
Q. Does Tolterodine cause weight gain?
No clinically observable effect on weight has been reported with the use of Tolterodine.