Substitutes for TRULICITY
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of TRULICITY PRE-FILLED PEN
Uses of TRULICITY PRE-FILLED PEN
Trulicity 1.5mg/0.5ml pre-filled pen is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Side effects of TRULICITY PRE-FILLED PEN
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Hypoglycaemia (Low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea.
How to use TRULICITY PRE-FILLED PEN
Your doctor or nurse will use this device to give medicine. You or your care giver may be taught on how to use this device at home.
How TRULICITY PRE-FILLED PEN works
Trulicity 1.5mg/0.5ml pre-filled pen works by stimulating the pancreas to secrete more insulin when blood sugar levels are high. It also lowers the sugar hormone (glucagon) and slows the emptying of the stomach. Insulin lowers blood sugar from the blood into other body tissues where it is used for energy.
In Depth Information on TRULICITY PRE-FILLED PEN
Expert advice for TRULICITY PRE-FILLED PEN
- The dose can be administered at any time of day, with or without meals.
- It is injected under the skin (subcutaneous injection) of your stomach area (abdomen) or upper leg (thigh). If the injection is given by someone else, they may inject in your upper arm.
- Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
- Report to your doctor if you experience abdominal pain while taking this medicines.
- If a dose is missed, it should be taken as soon as possible if there are at least 3 days (72 hours) until the next scheduled dose. If less than 3 days remain before the next scheduled dose, the missed dose should be skipped and the next dose should be administered on the regularly scheduled day. In each case, patients can then resume their regular once weekly dosing schedule.
Special precautions for TRULICITY 1.5MG/0.5ML PRE-FILLED PEN
Taking dulaglutide with alcohol may affect blood glucose levels in patients with diabetes.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Trulicity 1.5mg/0.5ml pre-filled pen may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Trulicity 1.5mg/0.5ml pre-filled pen is probably unsafe to u+more
se during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor....
There is no interaction between driving and consuming this drug. So dose alteration is not needed.
No dose adjustment is needed for patients with the mild to m+more
oderate renal disease.Not advisable in patients with the severe renal disease....
There is no interaction between liver impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
DECMAX 4MG TABLET, DECAMYCIN 4MG INJECTION, PERICORT 4MG TABLET, DEPO MEDROL 40MG/ML INJECTION
If you miss a dose of Dulaglutide, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
User Submitted Feedback For TRULICITY 1.5MG/0.5ML PRE-FILLED PEN
Patients taking TRULICITY 1.5MG/0.5ML PRE-FILLED PEN
Once A Week
Once A Day
How effective is this medicine?
Do you find this medicine expensive?