Information about Beclometasone
Beclometasone is used in the treatment of severe allergic reactions, allergic conditions, asthma, skin disorders and eye disorders.
How beclometasone works
Beclometasone is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of beclometasone
Hoarseness of voice, Increased risk of infection, Sore throat
Available Medicine for Beclometasone
- ₹16 to ₹453Cipla Ltd9 variant(s)
- ₹122 to ₹172Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP3 variant(s)
- ₹150 to ₹215KLM Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹101Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹120Galcare Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹92Dermo Care Laboratories2 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹77Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹56Vilco Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹26Leeford Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13Adcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Beclometasone
- Beclometasone helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inflammation or suppression of the immune system.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Beclometasone can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Beclometasone. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Beclometasone suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.
Frequently asked questions for Beclometasone
Q. How long can I take Beclometasone/beconase?
The duration depends on the disease for which treatment is being given. Please follow the advice of your doctor
Q. Can I take Sudafed/pseudoephedrine, paracetamol, antihistaminics/ cetirizine, ibuprofen with beclometasone?
Yes, pseudoephedrine, paracetamol, cetirizine, ibuprofen can be taken along with beclometasone. Please consult your doctor before changing medication
Q. Does Beclometasone cause weight gain?
Beclometasone can cause weight gain after long term use. Please consult your doctor if you are experiencing weight gain
Q. Is Beclometasone safe?
Beclomethasone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.