Information about Beclometasone
Beclometasone is used in the treatment of severe allergic reactions, allergy symptoms, asthma, skin disorders and eye disorders.
How beclometasone works
Beclometasone belongs to a class of steroid medications called corticosteroids. Beclometasone works by preventing release of certain chemicals from the cells responsible for immune and allergic responses resulting in inflammation..
Common side effects of beclometasone
Electrolyte imbalance, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Increased risk of infection, Muscle disorders, Increased blood pressure, Skin scar, Altered bone growth, Behavioural changes, Increased glucose level in blood, Cataract
Available Medicine for Beclometasone
- ₹80 to ₹411Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹101Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹36Torque Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹276 to ₹378Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Beclometasone
- Take with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Dose is decreased or tapered over time.
- Most side effects occur with high doses and on long-term use.
- Your risk of getting an infection may become higher. Tell your doctor immediately if you have a fever, flu-like symptoms, cough, painful urination, or a wound that does not heal.
Frequently asked questions for Beclometasone
Q. How long can I take Beclometasone/beconase?
The duration depends on the disease for which treatment is being given. Please follow the advice of your doctor
Q. Can I take Sudafed/pseudoephedrine, paracetamol, antihistaminics/ cetirizine, ibuprofen with beclometasone?
Yes, pseudoephedrine, paracetamol, cetirizine, ibuprofen can be taken along with beclometasone. Please consult your doctor before changing medication
Q. Does Beclometasone cause weight gain?
Beclometasone can cause weight gain after long term use. Please consult your doctor if you are experiencing weight gain
Q. Is Beclometasone safe?
Beclomethasone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.