Information about Dulaglutide
Dulaglutide is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How dulaglutide works
Dulaglutide works by stimulating the pancreas to secrete more insulin when blood sugar levels are high. It also lowers the sugar hormone (glucagon) and slows the emptying of the stomach. Insulin lowers blood sugar from the blood into other body tissues where it is used for energy.
Common side effects of dulaglutide
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Hypoglycaemia (Low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea
Available Medicine for Dulaglutide
- ₹2499 to ₹4998Eli Lilly and Company India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dulaglutide
- The dose can be administered at any time of day, with or without meals.
- It is injected under the skin (subcutaneous injection) of your stomach area (abdomen) or upper leg (thigh). If the injection is given by someone else, they may inject in your upper arm.
- Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
- Report to your doctor if you experience abdominal pain while taking this medicines.
- If a dose is missed, it should be taken as soon as possible if there are at least 3 days (72 hours) until the next scheduled dose. If less than 3 days remain before the next scheduled dose, the missed dose should be skipped and the next dose should be administered on the regularly scheduled day. In each case, patients can then resume their regular once weekly dosing schedule.