Information about Chlorthalidone
How chlorthalidone works
Chlorthalidone is a thiazide diuretic. It lowers blood pressure and fluid retention in edema by removing the extra water and electrolytes from the body.
Common side effects of chlorthalidone
Headache, Nausea, Increased blood uric acid, Decreased potassium level in blood, Glucose intolerance, Altered blood lipids
Available Medicine for Chlorthalidone
- ₹69 to ₹85Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹54Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹55Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹34 to ₹48Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹49Akumentis Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹45Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹45Fidelity Lifesciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹33Akesiss Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹52Lakshya Life Sciences2 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹19Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Chlorthalidone
- Avoid drinking alcohol, which can increase some of the side effects of chlorthalidone.
- Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink.
- Do not take chlorthalidone and potassium salt or a potassium-sparing diuretic, if you are taking ACE inhibitors.
Frequently asked questions for Chlorthalidone
Q. What is chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5?
Chlorthalidone belongs to class of medications called thiazide diuretics
Q. Is chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5 a generic drug?
Yes, chlorthalidone is the generic name and hydrazine 12.5 is brand name
Q. Is chlorthalidone an ace inhibitor/potassium sparing diuretic/sulfa drug/benzodiazepine/a blood thinner?
No, chlorthalidone belongs to class of medication called as thiazide diuretics
Q. Is chlorthalidone a water pill?
Yes, it is a diuretic and also called as ‘water pill'
Q. Is chlorthalidone better than hydrochlorothiazide?
Chlorthalidone and hydrochlorothiazide belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q. Can I take chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5 with ibuprofen/Excedrin/Tylenol?
There is no observed drug interaction. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Can amitriptyline cause weight loss: gain/cough/low potassium/high blood sugar/erectile dysfunction?
Amitriptyline can cause low potassium/high blood pressure. Patients should consult the doctor regarding the possible side effects.