Information about Chlorthalidone
How Chlorthalidone works
Chlorthalidone is a diuretic which lowers blood pressure by removing extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of Chlorthalidone
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Vertigo, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
Available Medicine for Chlorthalidone
CTDIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹102 to ₹1312 variant(s)
₹53 to ₹1283 variant(s)
ThaloricZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹59 to ₹762 variant(s)
ThiaklorEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹46 to ₹542 variant(s)
AquirisAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
₹60 to ₹852 variant(s)
New CHSystopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹15 to ₹232 variant(s)
ChlorfidFidelity Lifesciences Pvt Ltd
₹42 to ₹502 variant(s)
ThiovasLakshya Life Sciences
₹45 to ₹582 variant(s)
ChlohatAkesiss Pharma Pvt Ltd
ZioneTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Chlorthalidone
- Take it in the morning with breakfast to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- It makes you feel dizzy. Avoid driving and attention requiring activity until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid alcohol intake while taking Chlorthalidone as it may increase the dizziness.
- It may cause a sudden drop of sodium level in blood. Avoid low sodium diet while you are taking this medication.
- Monitor your blood pressure after starting Chlorthalidone, and notify your doctor if it does not lower down.
- Notify your doctor if you experience dizziness, tiredness, or muscle weakness that does not go away.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.