Information about Chlorthalidone
Chlorthalidone is used in high blood pressure and oedema. It treats oedema (fluid overload) associated with heart, liver, kidney or lung disease.
How chlorthalidone works
Chlorthalidone is a thiazide diuretic. It lowers blood pressure and fluid retention in edema by removing the extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also works by relaxing blood vessels and improving blood flow.
Common side effects of chlorthalidone
Headache, Nausea, Increased blood uric acid, Decreased potassium level in blood, Glucose intolerance, Altered blood lipids
Available Medicine for Chlorthalidone
- ₹69 to ₹91Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹54Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹55Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹53Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹59Akumentis Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹45Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹45Fidelity Lifesciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹33Akesiss Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹42Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹52Lakshya Life Sciences2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Chlorthalidone
- Chlorthalidone helps lower blood pressure and also removes excess water from your body.
- Take it in the morning with breakfast to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- May cause dizziness in the initial days of treatment.
- Monitor your blood pressure after starting Chlorthalidone, and notify your doctor if it hasn't gone down.
- Notify your doctor if you experience dizziness, tiredness, or muscle weakness that doesn't go away.
- Requires routine blood tests to monitor your kidney function.
Frequently asked questions for Chlorthalidone
Q. What is chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5?
Chlorthalidone belongs to class of medications called thiazide diuretics
Q. Is chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5 a generic drug?
Yes, chlorthalidone is the generic name and hydrazine 12.5 is brand name
Q. Is chlorthalidone an ace inhibitor/potassium sparing diuretic/sulfa drug/benzodiazepine/a blood thinner?
No, chlorthalidone belongs to class of medication called as thiazide diuretics
Q. Is chlorthalidone a water pill?
Yes, it is a diuretic and also called as ‘water pill'
Q. Is chlorthalidone better than hydrochlorothiazide?
Chlorthalidone and hydrochlorothiazide belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q. Can I take chlorthalidone/Hydrazine 12.5 with ibuprofen/Excedrin/Tylenol?
There is no observed drug interaction. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Can amitriptyline cause weight loss: gain/cough/low potassium/high blood sugar/erectile dysfunction?
Amitriptyline can cause low potassium/high blood pressure. Patients should consult the doctor regarding the possible side effects.