Information about Citalopram
Citalopram is used in the treatment of depression and Panic disorder.
How Citalopram works
Citalopram is one of a group of antidepressants called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs. It is thought to be work by enhancing the level of mood-enhancing neurotransmitters called serotonin in the brain. This may help you to improve your energy level and feelings of well-being.
Common side effects of Citalopram
Erectile dysfunction, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Low sexual desire, Nausea, Restlessness, Upset stomach, Vomiting, Weight gain
Available Medicine for Citalopram
CitopamSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹46 to ₹1283 variant(s)
₹46 to ₹1183 variant(s)
₹29 to ₹573 variant(s)
C PramTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹28 to ₹704 variant(s)
CitapadTripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd
CitaraIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹35 to ₹993 variant(s)
FrepramSunrise Remedies Pvt Ltd
₹47 to ₹782 variant(s)
MadamPanacea Biotec Ltd
₹21 to ₹422 variant(s)
Expert advice for Citalopram
- Citalopram effectively treats a variety of mental health conditions such as depression.
- It can take up to 8 to 12 weeks to see the medicine full effects on your mood.
- Take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
- It causes less drowsiness as compared to other antidepressant medications.
- Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how Citalopram affects you.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Inform your doctor if you experience decreased sex drive or difficulty having an orgasm.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.