Information about Betamethasone
Betamethasone is used in the treatment of allergic conditions.
How Betamethasone works
Betamethasone is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of Betamethasone
Weight gain, Mood changes, Behavioral changes, Itching, Burning sensation, Bruising, Headache, Dizziness, Weakness, Fatigue, Visual disturbance, Nausea, Altered menstrual cycle, Impaired wound healing
Severe side effects of Betamethasone
Cataract, Increased glucose level in blood, Cushing syndrome, Glycosuria, Glaucoma, Slow heart rate, Cardiac arrest, Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeats), Cushingoid syndrome, Perforated peptic ulcer, Pathologic fracture of long bones, Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis suppression, Charcot-like arthropathy, Steroid myopathy
Available Medicine for Betamethasone
BetnesolGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹14 to ₹515 variant(s)
BetnovateGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹20 to ₹404 variant(s)
BetnelanGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
SteminInd Swift Laboratories Ltd
₹4 to ₹154 variant(s)
WalacortWallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹15 to ₹822 variant(s)
BelarComed Chemicals Ltd
₹5 to ₹92 variant(s)
BetamineUnimarck Pharma India Ltd
₹3 to ₹52 variant(s)
₹53 to ₹1443 variant(s)
Betawin SBestoChem Formulations India Ltd
Expert advice for Betamethasone
- Betamethasone can be taken with or without food, but try to have it at same time every day.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Betamethasone can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Betamethasone. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Betamethasone suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.