food interaction for SUFRATE
alcohol interaction for SUFRATE
pregnancy interaction for SUFRATE
lactation interaction for SUFRATE
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SUFRATE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SUFRATE
- SUFRATE O SUSPENSION(200 ML suspension in bottle)Eskag Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 0.75/ML of suspensionRs. 150pay 15% more per ML of suspension
- MAC S 1GM SUSPENSION(100 ML suspension in bottle)Corona Remedies Pvt LtdRs. 0.81/ML of suspensionRs. 80.95pay 25% more per ML of suspension
- SUCRAMAL SUSPENSION(100 ML suspension in bottle)Menarini India Pvt LtdRs. 0.66/ML of suspensionRs. 66pay 2% more per ML of suspension
- SUCRAFIL SUSPENSION(450 ML suspension in bottle)Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 0.82/ML of suspensionRs. 370pay 26% more per ML of suspension
- SUCRAMAL SUSPENSION(200 ML suspension in bottle)Menarini India Pvt LtdRs. 0.66/ML of suspensionRs. 132pay 2% more per ML of suspension
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for SUFRATE
- Do not take the Sucralfate at least 2 hours before or after taking other medicines. It may interact with these other medicines
- Take Sucralfate on an empty stomach, preferably 1 hour before a meal.
- Avoid taking antacids, before or after 30 minutes of taking a dose of Sucralfate.
- Notify your doctor if you have a kidney disorder, as it may put you at a greater risk of developing aluminum overload.
- Notify your doctor, if you are or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for SUFRATE
Q.Is sucralfate an antibiotic/sulfa drug/pain-killer/PPI?
Sucralfate is not an antibiotic/sulfa drug/ PPI (proton-pump inhibitor) or a pain-killer. It is an ulcer protective medicine
Q.Is sucralfate available or sold over the counter?
No. Sucralfate is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q.Is sucralfate gluten free?
Yes. Sucralfate is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is sucralfate safe?
Yes. Sucralfate is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Can I take sucralfate with Prilosec/Nexium/ Tylenol/Zantac/ibuprofen/Pepto?
Yes. Sucralfate can be taken with Prilosec/Nexium/ Tylenol/Zantac/ibuprofen and Pepto if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Does sucralfate cause headaches/weight gain/insomnia/ heartburn?
Sucralfate does not cause headaches/weight gain/insomnia or heartburn. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.Is sucralfate a narcotic drug?
No. Sucralfate is not a narcotic drug.