Information about Ofloxacin
Ofloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, gastrointestinal tract, female genital organ, skin & soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How Ofloxacin works
Ofloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Common side effects of Ofloxacin
Nausea, Headache, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Ofloxacin
ZanocinSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹38 to ₹24410 variant(s)
₹22 to ₹2928 variant(s)
ZenfloxMankind Pharma Ltd
₹26 to ₹1398 variant(s)
OflomacMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹19 to ₹15312 variant(s)
FloraMankind Pharma Ltd
₹9 to ₹15810 variant(s)
₹34 to ₹2086 variant(s)
₹41 to ₹1228 variant(s)
OFJ B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹39 to ₹1735 variant(s)
OflerAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹50 to ₹1694 variant(s)
Norilet ODr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
Expert advice for Ofloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Ofloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Ofloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.