Information about Ofloxacin
Ofloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, gastrointestinal tract, female genital organ, skin & soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How Ofloxacin works
Ofloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Common side effects of Ofloxacin
Nausea, Headache, Dizziness, Vomiting, Stomach pain, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Ofloxacin
ZanocinSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹38 to ₹24410 variant(s)
₹22 to ₹2928 variant(s)
ZenfloxMankind Pharma Ltd
₹26 to ₹1358 variant(s)
OflomacMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹19 to ₹15312 variant(s)
FloraMankind Pharma Ltd
₹9 to ₹488 variant(s)
₹34 to ₹1895 variant(s)
₹37 to ₹1227 variant(s)
OFJ B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹39 to ₹1735 variant(s)
OflerAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹50 to ₹1424 variant(s)
Norilet ODr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
Expert advice for Ofloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Ofloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Ofloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.