Information about Ciprofloxacin
Ciprofloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin and soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How Ciprofloxacin works
Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Common side effects of Ciprofloxacin
Vomiting, Stomach pain, Nausea, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Ciprofloxacin
₹5 to ₹1429 variant(s)
CifranSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹16 to ₹556 variant(s)
₹7 to ₹616 variant(s)
AlciproAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹17 to ₹964 variant(s)
₹6 to ₹406 variant(s)
CefobangCanvarzys Healthcare Ltd
₹72 to ₹1985 variant(s)
CiprodacCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹12 to ₹406 variant(s)
Cifran ODSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹18 to ₹932 variant(s)
MicrofloxMicro Labs Ltd
₹12 to ₹393 variant(s)
BaycipBayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹21 to ₹1243 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ciprofloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Ciprofloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Ciprofloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.