Information about Levofloxacin
Levofloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin & soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How Levofloxacin works
Levofloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Common side effects of Levofloxacin
Headache, Nausea, Constipation, Diarrhea, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Levofloxacin
₹49 to ₹1885 variant(s)
₹48 to ₹1425 variant(s)
LoxofSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹49 to ₹1225 variant(s)
LevomacMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹24 to ₹1547 variant(s)
GlevoGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹48 to ₹1906 variant(s)
₹24 to ₹994 variant(s)
LevobactMicro Labs Ltd
₹21 to ₹1147 variant(s)
FynalMankind Pharma Ltd
₹37 to ₹482 variant(s)
QureAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹44 to ₹1544 variant(s)
LevolveKoye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd
₹70 to ₹1132 variant(s)
Expert advice for Levofloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Levofloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Levofloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.