Information about Levofloxacin
Levofloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin & soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How levofloxacin works
Levofloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Common side effects of levofloxacin
Headache, Nausea, Constipation, Diarrhea, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Levofloxacin
- ₹46 to ₹156Cipla Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹130Lupin Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹115Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹140Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹85Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹190Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹85Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹115Micro Labs Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹44Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹44 to ₹154Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Levofloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Levofloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Levofloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Levofloxacin
Q. Can I stop taking Levofloxacin when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Levofloxacin and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Q. Is Levofloxacin safe to use?
Levofloxacin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by the doctor.<br>