Information about Levofloxacin
Levofloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin & soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How Levofloxacin works
Levofloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Common side effects of Levofloxacin
Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Increased liver enzymes, Infusion site reaction, Inflammation of vein
Available Medicine for Levofloxacin
₹53 to ₹2516 variant(s)
₹48 to ₹1906 variant(s)
LoxofSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹46 to ₹1397 variant(s)
LevomacMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹24 to ₹1857 variant(s)
GlevoGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹24 to ₹1906 variant(s)
₹26 to ₹1004 variant(s)
LevobactMicro Labs Ltd
₹21 to ₹1197 variant(s)
FynalMankind Pharma Ltd
₹46 to ₹852 variant(s)
QureAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹48 to ₹7255 variant(s)
LevolveKoye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd
₹78 to ₹1242 variant(s)
Expert advice for Levofloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Levofloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Levofloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.