Information about Norfloxacin
Norfloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin and soft tissues, windpipe and lungs (pneumonia).
How norfloxacin works
Norfloxacin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from reproducing and repairing themselves. This treats your infection.
Common side effects of norfloxacin
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Norfloxacin
- ₹11 to ₹49Cipla Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹49Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹49Ipca Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹23Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹26Alde Medi Impex Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8Natco Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60Apex Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹51 to ₹96Norwest Pharmaceuticals Inc3 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹80Elfin Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Norfloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Norfloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Norfloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Norfloxacin
Q. Is Norfloxacin an antibiotic?
Yes, Norfloxacin is an antibiotic and belongs to a class of medicines called fluoroquinolones.
Q. Can I take Norfloxacin with dimenhydrinate?
Norfloxacin can be taken with dimenhydrinate. No drug-drug interactions have been reported between the two. However, this does not mean that interactions cannot occur. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.
Q. Does Norfloxacin treat chlamydia infections?
No, Norfloxacin is not active against the chlamydia group of organisms, hence it is not used to treat infections caused by chlamydia.
Q. Does Norfloxacin expire?
Yes, Norfloxacin does expire. All the medicines come with an expiry date mentioned on the pack. You must check the expiry date before using any medicine.