Information about Norfloxacin
Norfloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, gastrointestinal tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin & soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How Norfloxacin works
Norfloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Common side effects of Norfloxacin
Headache, Dizziness, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Stomach pain, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Norfloxacin
Norflox LBCipla Ltd
₹26 to ₹482 variant(s)
Nflox BLaborate Pharmaceuticals India Ltd
Norzee T ZWings Biotech Ltd
QuinoloxElfin Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹22 to ₹802 variant(s)
NorflotNatco Pharma Ltd
EnfloxElite Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹20 to ₹232 variant(s)
NorflokemAlkem Laboratories Ltd
NorgoldGolden Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Norfloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Norfloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Norfloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.