Information about Norfloxacin
Norfloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, gastrointestinal tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin & soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How norfloxacin works
Norfloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Common side effects of norfloxacin
Headache, Dizziness, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Stomach pain, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Norfloxacin
- ₹26 to ₹49Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹48Laborate Pharmaceuticals India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹31Wings Biotech Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹80Elfin Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹8Natco Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹85Apex Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹24Elite Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹15Deys Medical1 variant(s)
- ₹87Lancer Health Care Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹37Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Norfloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Norfloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Norfloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Norfloxacin
Q. Can I stop taking Norfloxacin when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Norfloxacin and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.