food interaction for SIMVOTIN
alcohol interaction for SIMVOTIN
pregnancy interaction for SIMVOTIN
lactation interaction for SIMVOTIN
Avoid Simvotin 5 mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SIMVOTIN
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for SIMVOTIN 5 MG TABLET
Patients taking SIMVOTIN 5 MG TABLET
- 87%Once A Day
- 7%Twice A Day
- 7%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES for SIMVOTIN
- ZOSTA 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 6.21/tabletRs. 62.10save 20% more per tablet
- SIM 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.26/tabletRs. 112.62pay 44% more per tablet
- SIMLO 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 5.30/tabletRs. 53save 32% more per tablet
- BIOSIM 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 1.95/tabletRs. 19.47save 75% more per tablet
- SIMVASTOL 5 MG TABLET(25 tablets in strip)Themis Medicare LtdRs. 1/tabletRs. 25save 87% more per tablet
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for SIMVOTIN
- Take Simvastatin only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Simvastatin, it may worsen the adverse effects of this medicine on the liver.
- Notify your doctor if you experience unexplained muscle pain or weakness, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Do not take Niacin with Simvastatin. Niacin may increase Simvastatin's side effects on the muscles, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Notify the doctor that you are taking this medicine before undergoing any kind of surgery.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
Frequently asked questions for SIMVOTIN
Q.Is simvastatin a blood thinner or a beta blocker or steroid or diuretic or is it a statin or does simvastatin thin your blood?
No, simvastatin is a statin (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors
Q.Is simvastatin the same as Lipitor (atorvastatin) or Crestor (rosuvastatin) or pravastatin?
No, although it belongs to same group of medications called statins
Q.Can I take simvastatin with ibuprofen or lisinopril?
No results found for any interaction of simvastatin with ibuprofen or lisinopril, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication
Q.Can I take antibiotics or clarithromycin or amoxicillin or erythromycin or amlodipine or aspirin with simvastatin?
No, do not take antibiotics or clarithromycin or amoxicillin or erythromycin or amlodipine or aspirin with simvastatin, because they interact with each other
Q.Does simvastatin cause hair loss or dry mouth or hair loss or constipation or diabetes or depression or it makes you high?
No. Simvastatin does not cause hair loss or dry mouth or hair loss or constipation or diabetes or depression and it is not addictive
Q.Does simvastatin cause joint pain or makes you tired?
Yes, sometimes simvastatin may cause joint pain or make you tired.