food interaction for SANFATE
alcohol interaction for SANFATE
pregnancy interaction for SANFATE
lactation interaction for SANFATE
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SANFATE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SANFATE
- SUCRAL SUSPENSION(200 ML suspension in bottle)Strassenburg Pharmaceuticals.LtdRs. 0.69/ML of suspensionRs. 138.60pay 3% more per ML of suspension
- SKF SUSPENSION(200 ML suspension in bottle)Shine Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.65/ML of suspensionRs. 130save 3% more per ML of suspension
- STALFATE 1G SUSPENSION(200 ML suspension in bottle)Stadmed Pvt LtdRs. 0.58/ML of suspensionRs. 116.45save 13% more per ML of suspension
- SUCRALCOAT SUSPENSION(200 ML suspension in bottle)Ordain Health Care Global Pvt LtdRs. 0.78/ML of suspensionRs. 155pay 16% more per ML of suspension
- SUCRAPIL SUSPENSION(100 ML suspension in bottle)Psychotropics India LtdRs. 0.34/ML of suspensionRs. 33.75save 50% more per ML of suspension
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for SANFATE
- Do not take the Sucralfate at least 2 hours before or after taking other medicines. It may interact with these other medicines
- Take Sucralfate on an empty stomach, preferably 1 hour before a meal.
- Avoid taking antacids, before or after 30 minutes of taking a dose of Sucralfate.
- Notify your doctor if you have a kidney disorder, as it may put you at a greater risk of developing aluminum overload.
- Notify your doctor, if you are or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for SANFATE
Q.Is sucralfate an antibiotic/sulfa drug/pain-killer/PPI?
Sucralfate is not an antibiotic/sulfa drug/ PPI (proton-pump inhibitor) or a pain-killer. It is an ulcer protective medicine
Q.Is sucralfate available or sold over the counter?
No. Sucralfate is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q.Is sucralfate gluten free?
Yes. Sucralfate is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is sucralfate safe?
Yes. Sucralfate is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Can I take sucralfate with Prilosec/Nexium/ Tylenol/Zantac/ibuprofen/Pepto?
Yes. Sucralfate can be taken with Prilosec/Nexium/ Tylenol/Zantac/ibuprofen and Pepto if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Does sucralfate cause headaches/weight gain/insomnia/ heartburn?
Sucralfate does not cause headaches/weight gain/insomnia or heartburn. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.Is sucralfate a narcotic drug?
No. Sucralfate is not a narcotic drug.