Information about Clotrimazole
Clotrimazole is used in the treatment of fungal infections.
How clotrimazole works
Clotrimazole is an antifungal medication. It stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human.
Common side effects of clotrimazole
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Increased liver enzymes
Available Medicine for Clotrimazole
- ₹32 to ₹55DWD Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹65Southshourne Corporation India1 variant(s)
- ₹57Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹37Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46Bombay Tablet Mfg Co Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Delvin Formulations Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹27Psycormedies1 variant(s)
- ₹23Torque Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹104Dermo Care Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹139Dermo Care Laboratories1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clotrimazole
- Your doctor has prescribed Clotrimazole to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
Frequently asked questions for Clotrimazole
Q. Is clotrimazole a steroid/ used for thrush/ good for ringworm/ good for toenail fungus?
Clotrimazole is an antifungal medication and not a steroid. It is used for treating thrush, ringworm. It may be used for toenail fungus; however its efficacy in this case is not completely established. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is clotrimazole available over the counter?
Yes, clotrimazole cream is available over the counter. But if this is the first time you have had vaginal itching and discomfort, talk with a physician before using clotrimazole
Q. Is clotrimazole better than miconazole?
Although clotrimazole and miconazole are different drugs, they work in similar ways. Both are used for treatment of fungal infection, primarily yeast. Despite these similarities, they are often used in different parts of the body and they have different active ingredients and so cannot be compared. Both medications work well, but one of them may work better for some people than others. Check with your doctor for more details
Q. Is candida a steroid/ curable/ contagious/ a STD/ dangerous/ curable/ a steroid cream/ infection dangerous?
Candida is a yeast, a form of fungus. It causes infections such as candidiasis or thrush in humans and other animals. Individuals with Candida infections are not usually contagious, though in some settings immunocompromised people can catch the infection. The infection does not usually spread by sexual contact. Candida infection is curable but if not treated early it can result in a serious infection
Q. Is canesten hydrocortisone for thrush?
Canesten HC cream contains two active ingredients, clotrimazole (antifungal medicine used to treat infections with fungi and yeasts) and hydrocortisone (corticosteroid medicine that is applied to the skin to relieve the symptoms of inflammation). It is used to treat vaginal thrush.