Information about Clotrimazole
Clotrimazole is used in the treatment of fungal infections.
How clotrimazole works
Clotrimazole stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
Common side effects of clotrimazole
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Increased liver enzymes
Available Medicine for Clotrimazole
- ₹41DWD Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹56Southshourne Corporation India1 variant(s)
- ₹40Hygeia Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹37Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Delvin Formulations Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46Bombay Tablet Mfg Co Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹27Psycormedies1 variant(s)
- ₹24Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹16Vilco Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹28Comed Chemicals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clotrimazole
- Clotrimazole cream or pessary is for vaginal use only. Do not use in the eyes or take by mouth.
- Apply to the affected area two or three times a day. Use the cream for at least 2 weeks. In some cases it may be necessary to continue to use the cream for more than 4 weeks.
- For using this cream, squeeze a small amount onto your fingertip and gently apply to the irritated skin around the vagina.
- If this product comes with one applicator do not throw it away after use. Separate the pieces of the applicator and wash with warm and soapy water immediately after use. Rinse thoroughly. Make sure the applicator is completely dry before the next use. If this product comes with 3 disposable applicators, throw away each applicator after use.
- Wash your hands immediately after using the cream.
- To clear up your infection completely, use this cream for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Frequently asked questions for Clotrimazole
Q. Is clotrimazole a steroid/ used for thrush/ good for ringworm/ good for toenail fungus?
Clotrimazole is an antifungal medication and not a steroid. It is used for treating thrush, ringworm. It may be used for toenail fungus; however its efficacy in this case is not completely established. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is clotrimazole available over the counter?
Yes, clotrimazole cream is available over the counter. But if this is the first time you have had vaginal itching and discomfort, talk with a physician before using clotrimazole
Q. Is clotrimazole better than miconazole?
Although clotrimazole and miconazole are different drugs, they work in similar ways. Both are used for treatment of fungal infection, primarily yeast. Despite these similarities, they are often used in different parts of the body and they have different active ingredients and so cannot be compared. Both medications work well, but one of them may work better for some people than others. Check with your doctor for more details
Q. Is candida a steroid/ curable/ contagious/ a STD/ dangerous/ curable/ a steroid cream/ infection dangerous?
Candida is a yeast, a form of fungus. It causes infections such as candidiasis or thrush in humans and other animals. Individuals with Candida infections are not usually contagious, though in some settings immunocompromised people can catch the infection. The infection does not usually spread by sexual contact. Candida infection is curable but if not treated early it can result in a serious infection
Q. Is canesten hydrocortisone for thrush?
Canesten HC cream contains two active ingredients, clotrimazole (antifungal medicine used to treat infections with fungi and yeasts) and hydrocortisone (corticosteroid medicine that is applied to the skin to relieve the symptoms of inflammation). It is used to treat vaginal thrush.