Information about Amisulpride
Amisulpride is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
How Amisulpride works
Amisulpride is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
Common side effects of Amisulpride
Increased prolactin level in blood, Sleepiness, Blurred vision, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Extrapyramidal symptoms, Hypotension (low blood pressure)
Available Medicine for Amisulpride
SulpitacSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹83 to ₹5009 variant(s)
SoltusIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹101 to ₹5188 variant(s)
SolianSanofi India Ltd
₹133 to ₹6275 variant(s)
AmazeoTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹90 to ₹4157 variant(s)
₹77 to ₹2994 variant(s)
JoykemAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹73 to ₹5368 variant(s)
Amazeo ODTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹315 to ₹5622 variant(s)
₹124 to ₹4824 variant(s)
₹88 to ₹3856 variant(s)
GressamiLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹68 to ₹1993 variant(s)
Expert advice for Amisulpride
- Amisulpride helps treat schizophrenia.
- Take it at bedtime to avoid feeling sleepy during the day.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Amisulpride can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Do not consume alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it may worsen the side effects.
- It may cause increased weight, blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides (fat) levels. Eat healthy and exercise regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking Amisulpride without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.