Amisulpride is used in the treatment of schizophrenia
How it works
Amisulpride work by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts.
Common side effects
Nausea, Vomiting, Dry mouth, Constipation, Weight gain, Decreased blood pressure, Dystonia, Akathisia, Parkinsonism, Increased prolactin level in blood
- ₹66 to ₹340Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd9 variant(s)
- ₹65 to ₹367Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹472Sanofi India Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹143Pfizer Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹106 to ₹351Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹295Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹57 to ₹181La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹367Alkem Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹197Lupin Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹205Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney disease, have ever had fits (epileptic seizures), Parkinson’s disease, or suffering from dementia.
- Inform your doctor if you have/have a family history of heart disease, uneven heart rate, slow heartbeat, heart disease/condition called prolonged QT interval, stroke, diabetes, blood clots, low levels of potassium in blood, low levels of white blood cells in blood (agranulocytosis).
- Do not drive or operate machinery as amisulpride can cause drowsiness.
- Do not consume alcohol while on this treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not stop amisulpride suddenly as it may increase the side effects.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe any of these symptoms: severe allergic reaction (with rash, itchy skin, swollen face, tongue or other body parts); blood clots; fit (seizure).
- Tell your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is amisulpride addictive/ a controlled drug?
Amisulpride is not addictive. However do follow your doctor’s instructions about dosage and duration of this treatment. It is not a controlled drug
Q. Is amisulpride an antipsychotic/atypical antipsychotic?
Yes. Amisulpride is an atypical antipsychotic
Q. Does amisulpride cause weight gain?
Amisulpride is known to cause weight gain. Consult your doctor if you observe weight gain after taking amisulpride
Q. How long does amisulpride take to work?
It may take several weeks for a patient to get benefited from amisulpride treatment. Consult your doctor if you observe no improvement in your symptoms after six to eight weeks of treatment.