Information about Amisulpride
Amisulpride is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
How amisulpride works
Amisulpride is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
Common side effects of amisulpride
Nausea, Vomiting, Dryness in mouth, Constipation, Weight gain, Decreased blood pressure, Dystonia, Akathisia, Parkinsonism, Increased prolactin level in blood
Available Medicine for Amisulpride
- ₹75 to ₹365Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd9 variant(s)
- ₹77 to ₹400Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹110 to ₹519Sanofi India Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹313Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹158Pfizer Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹73 to ₹444Alkem Laboratories Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹237 to ₹424Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹93 to ₹238Lupin Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹66 to ₹290Cipla Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹57 to ₹181La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Amisulpride
- Amisulpride helps treat schizophrenia.
- Take it at bedtime to avoid feeling sleepy during the day.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Amisulpride can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Do not consume alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it may worsen the side effects.
- It may cause increased weight, blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides (fat) levels. Eat healthy and exercise regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking Amisulpride without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.
Frequently asked questions for Amisulpride
Q. Is Amisulpride addictive/ a controlled drug?
Amisulpride is not addictive. However do follow your doctor’s instructions about dosage and duration of this treatment. It is not a controlled drug
Q. Is Amisulpride an antipsychotic/atypical antipsychotic?
Yes. Amisulpride is an atypical antipsychotic
Q. Does Amisulpride cause weight gain?
Amisulpride is known to cause weight gain. Consult your doctor if you observe weight gain after taking Amisulpride
Q. How long does Amisulpride take to work?
It may take several weeks for a patient to get benefited from Amisulpride treatment. Consult your doctor if you observe no improvement in your symptoms after six to eight weeks of treatment.